Waiting List

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Ice_Man, Aug 31, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there, was just wondering if anyone knew the waiting list for Royal Marine Commando from sitting the first tests to arriving at Lympstone for training. Sorry if this question has already been asked. Thanks in advance.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

There isn't a waiting list as such for Royal marines.

If you're 100% fit & ready to go, the only person causing the hold-up is usually the person applying because they play for time to prepare, return paperwork, etc.

The forward thinking applicant, from submitting an application to starting recruit training can theoretically complete the lot within 12 weeks, however the reality is that the average individual takes about 8 months because they underestimate many aspects & find themselves needing more time to prepare.

Best of luck.
  3. I believe the waiting time for booty is ASAP going by what has been wriiten on here before. ASAP is the actual wording
  4. Start getting your self fit.
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Stitch-up time... :wink:

Daffy1 is a trained Bootie with several years active service experience, so better qualified than I to advise fitness training preps. Heed his words of advice.
  6. A jog around the park twice a month and a 'mum and toddler dance' every week?
  7. Thats far too much. I was thinking just a walk round the block once a month, then back on the PS3 playing Call of Duty, then spin some war dits on RR and Arrse.
  8. Ninja_Stoker

... and there we have it, the fitness guru hath spake. :lol:
  9. Jeez, that routine saw me in Chosin Troop for 6 months with shin splints.
  10. Good job I'm not going for Royal Marine, I've worked up quite a sweat scrolling down this thread.

I need to go get a nap to recover.

Feel the BURN.