waiting list and early entry

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by mark33, Feb 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi just called my afco and had probably the worst news in the world. Due to someone dropping out i had a place offered for raleigh for 2 weeks time but as i didnt get the message till today i have missed out (i'm a little disappointed to say the least). However on talking to my c.a he told me im top of waiting list now and was just wondering what this means. I fully understand people are going to call me a few names but what would my chances of getting another chance at an early date? I still looking at August - September entry et(mesm)

2. If you really are desperate to get in early and you reckon your fitness is upto scratch, you could do a lot worse than try the STC route.

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Sadly it is not uncommon for individuals to miss the opportunity of taking-up the offer of short-notice entry dates because they neglect to update their contact details whenever they change mobile numbers. Whether this occurred here is not known, but it's a salutary lesson for those that change their mobile numbers every month or so.

Once a provisional entry date is offered, you cannot be offered a short-notice entry date, so until you are allocated a routine entry date, if you're top of the list & are contactable there's a slim to medium chance you maybe offered a cancelled place.

Best of luck.

4. Unfortunately i was unable to be contacted because i am at my parents for family reasons and and my partner didnt get message on answer machine as she was working yesterday. Can't believe i missed out. But yes Ninja you correct it is a lesson that can be passed on and learn't. Make sure you are always available to be contacted.

5. I was told I was top of the list for entry for ET(ME)SM by my CA too. I didn't get a phonecall offering me an early start date

6. 8O Complaining because you have dipped out or rejoicing that you've dipped in? :roll: :wink:

7. Ninja_Stoker

Are you sure your AFCO has your latest mobile phone number?

(If you already have an entry date, you won't be offered an earlier one)

8. Just generally a bit confused really. I suppose I did get a call the other week saying they're still waiting on one of my references. Fuckin Broddle the useless bastard. Stokers eh, pffffffft :p

9. Aye, I've had to change my number a couple of times and each time I have let them know as soon as it has changed. Gutted because I have a couple of mates from the RNAC starting on that date.

Don't have a start date as yet either

10. Ring them up and complain.

11. Don't know what good that would do me really.

12. Ninja, is it likely that the reason I didn't get a call is because they were still waiting on one of my references?

13. Well they're hardly going to offer you a start date if you haven't yet completed the referencing process are they?!

Have you not contacted the outstanding reference and told them to pull their finger out?

14. Aye, I've even got someone else to complete one for me too. When I went in to the AFCO to speak to them about it they said this would not have affected my getting a start date and said that references are only needed to take down to Raleigh. Is this true? I was under the impression they needed your references before doing the security clearance but was told at the same time that my security clearance had already come back.

15. Ninja_Stoker

The references are needed as part of the Basic Check Verification - ie: you are who you claim to be and are a fine upstanding citizen.

We need at least one reference before Security Clearance can be requested.

References are no longer sent to Raleigh.

16. Cool, cheers Ninja.

Man alive my AFCO seem to be a bit pants

17. Well...I completed the interview and medical this morning, Just need to do my PJFT and for an ETME I've got..

*drum roll*

18 Months!! Yipee!! 8O