Waiting for something to happen after PJFT!

Moved this post from the 'Parents etc' thread.

Hello all, could someone offer a bit of advice please? Youngest offspring applied to join up as a Rating ET(WE) back in July last year and after a few delays along the way (medical delays and a first PJFT disaster) sailed through the PJFT about three and half weeks ago. Reading others experiences on here she expected to hear something within a few days but so far nowt. She's phoned the AFCO a couple of times and found that her original recruiter has retired and the replacement is of course snowed under. Any suggestions on the correct course of action - either keep on calling and risk being labelled a pain in the backside, or sit tight, or something else? She's doing her pieces here! Many thanks.

Gavey07

hi. I have applied for rating airman post in December 2018.I received my medical questionnaire in Jan end, which I sent to afco through land mail on February 8. But I have neither received any response from capita nurse or any further detail yet. I m very confused so plz suggest me what should I do????

klgreload

Badgeman
hi. I have applied for rating airman post in December 2018.I received my medical questionnaire in Jan end, which I sent to afco through land mail on February 8. But I have neither received any response from capita nurse or any further detail yet. I m very confused so plz suggest me what should I do????
Email or phone your AFCO to confirm they have received the questionnaire and it was not lost in post.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moved this post from the 'Parents etc' thread.

Hello all, could someone offer a bit of advice please? Youngest offspring applied to join up as a Rating ET(WE) back in July last year and after a few delays along the way (medical delays and a first PJFT disaster) sailed through the PJFT about three and half weeks ago. Reading others experiences on here she expected to hear something within a few days but so far nowt. She's phoned the AFCO a couple of times and found that her original recruiter has retired and the replacement is of course snowed under. Any suggestions on the correct course of action - either keep on calling and risk being labelled a pain in the backside, or sit tight, or something else? She's doing her pieces here! Many thanks.
ET(WE) has a fair old wait to entry after passing the PJFT. The average person applying last December would not expect an entry date before November this year - assuming there were no delays along the way. Generally a start date will be allocated about a term ahead - That would mean, for example, a person joining Jan-Mar 2020, would find out their start date Sept-Dec 2019.

Once a start date is allocated, a PRNC is requested (unless they decide to bin them), so it is vitally important the individual maintains their phys training preps - especially if they failed a pjft previously.

ET(WE) Submariners have a much, much shorter join time BUT - if they opt to join as an ET(WESM) they WILL be an ET(WESM) so they can't queue-jump then bleat that they wanted to serve on ships (as many do) - they'll just be discharged.

If she hasn't started her Security Clearance application yet, tell her to use the recruiting portal to request her AFCO activate her SC.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Presumably you are an overseas applicant? (It's traditional for overseas applicants to post random questions on unrelated but active threads)

Use the recruiting portal to message your AFCO - Guidance notes are attached at the link. They actually detail the Recruit Test, but show you how to communicate with your AFCO also https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/using-the-recruiting-portal.118553/

Good luck.

ET(WE) has a fair old wait to entry after passing the PJFT. The average person applying last December would not expect an entry date before November this year - assuming there were no delays along the way. Generally a start date will be allocated about a term ahead - That would mean, for example, a person joining Jan-Mar 2020, would find out their start date Sept-Dec 2019.
<snip>
Many thanks @Ninja_Stoker, that’s very useful info. She actually applied last July so it’s already been a pretty hefty wait for her. I’ll get her to ask to start the SC and fingers crossed something will start moving before too long.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Many thanks @Ninja_Stoker, that’s very useful info. She actually applied last July so it’s already been a pretty hefty wait for her. I’ll get her to ask to start the SC and fingers crossed something will start moving before too long.
Generally, without any delays/setbacks at Medical or PJFT, you're looking at 11 months test to entry. The clock stops at the medical/pjft stage until passed.

She should have had an email to initiate SC already, then 28 days to initiate. If not yet received, just email the AFCO or communicate via the recruiting portal.

Physical Hallow

Midshipman
I had applied for WE last April, and only got my date for Phase 1 training on the 30th May, was meant to be 26th June but told me to come earlier and miss the PRNC, overall the process for me has been 12 months.

Well, it seems the wheels have creaked and groaned their way round sufficiently - she received her start date this week, going to Raleigh in January which will be 18 months from date of application.