Waiting for AIB

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by jc8887, May 8, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I did my sift interview at the beginning of March (almost exactly two months ago) and was told my AIB would be in 6-8 weeks from then. I'm yet to hear anything, and have tried phoning my liaison officer but only been able to leave messages, and the central recruiting number and my AFCO keep directing me back his way.

Anyone just been through the process know how long its likely to be? Or in the same situation as me?

Cheers

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Best bet is to email the ACLO or ring the OCLC rather than the AFCO. The post can change over time as it is often only a short "draft".

Failing that - revert to the tried and trusty letter.

3. Out of the blue my ACLO phoned me yesterday - says he was on leave and was expecting everything to be sorted way before the time he was back. Still, at least I know he's still there and he still knows who I am!

Thanks for your help.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Spooky. Someone else's fault then?

5. No idea. Not too bothered about whose fault it is, just want to get moving!

Any idea how long the wait for an AIB is currently? And when the Sept intake at Dartmouth will fill up?

6. Ninja_Stoker

An AIB should be allocated within 4 to 6 weeks of the request by an ACLO. If it isn't the odds are it wasn't requested.

7. You may well be correct. He's phoning me "early this week" so hopefully will find out some more then. Whether someone messed up or not, as not as it's now dealt with properly I don't care! Thanks again.