waited 2 years for final interview???

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by cjhart17, Jan 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation as me. I completed my medical and fitness test around 2 years ago and have only now been phoned 2 years later to confirm my final interview next month? Does this mean I will still be on another waiting list if I am succesful at interview. To me it seems ridiculous I have been made to wait this long and still have no guarantee I will be succesful at the interview.
  2. You posted on 30-06-10 about having your interview soon after for MA(SM). Sooooo?
  3. Yes and then they told me unfortunately we have put back the interview, i have been going to my afco every few months to get the same answer "you like everybody else are on a waiting list"
  4. You will be on a different waiting list once you have passed your interview, as your CA will then bid for a place for you at HMS Raleigh.

With regard to guaranteeing success at your interview, the one person who controls that is you. If you prepare properly for it (there is a thread on Rum Ration about the content of the interview), you should pass. It is in your hands.

If I were you, I would adopt a different stance to the one you have. Don't continue with this thought about it being ridiculous that you have been made to wait this long etc etc, as that isn't the positive approach you need at this point. You should be telling yourself that it's sometimes been a bit of a pain having to wait so long for the interview stage but that's the way it is at the moment and how lucky are you that your moment has now come. The way forward is definitely finding out about the content of the interview, looking up the things which can be researched, such as where you will do your training etc. and then just getting on with it.

PS Read Navy News between now and your interview.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Soleil this was the kind of response I was hoping for. Thankyou and I will be doing everything I can to pass this interview and now feel positive about thevsituation I am in, once again thanks for the great advice.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hope it's me that's conducting the interview.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Umm I know I'm not the worst off here, but I have been waiting about 3 years and I'm going to basic in 6 weeks, I have also been told several different dates and have them moved, I have passed the pre joining fitness test 6 times filled out 3 security forms and been to quite a few update interviews. stop crying about it, every one is going through the same situation, the only difference is most of us don't cry about it, just spare a thought for some of the engineers that were told they can't join because they lowered the max age limit.
    • Like Like x 3