Wait for AIB date

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by blondeblackbelt, Apr 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'd like to offer the standard apology if this question has been asked a million times:

As an Officer candidate I have completed my medical, eye test, RT and returned all application forms (including security checks) to my AFCO. Will I be informed when my references have been completed and my final application has been sent down to AIB? And how long will the wait be between my application being sent down and an AIB date being offered? I'm just looking for a general idea.

Thankyou in advance.
  2. Sadly I've only got the standard answer of: it appears to vary, all depends on number of applicants etc. However if you have any questions your ACLO is your best bet, its not normal nature to want to phone people regularly for updates on how your application is coming along but they are there to advise you on your career application.

Best of Luck.
  3. No worries, i'll get in contact with my ACLO after a couple of weeks just to make sure everything is running smoothly and such.

Thankyou for getting back to me.
  4. Hey Blondblackbelt, how are you doing? I seen "blondblackbelt" and knew it was you. Keep me posted on your every move and I'll see you soon ha ha x
  5. I submitted all of my forms this week, having passed all the tests, and my ACLO told me the average waiting time for an AIB date at the minute is 1 1/2 months.
  6. Cheers for the heads up :)