Waist size?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by nikki92, May 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, searched the forums etc but not been able to find anything about this topic relevant to women - I'm assuming that it would be different for men.
    I have read somewhere that, in your RN medical prior to joining, not only your weight but your waist size is checked as well [to allow for guys built like brick s***houses, one assumes]. Is there a maximum waist size [or even a guidance] for women as well? Although I have weight to lose as part of my training, I'm also built pretty big, and even when I was very fit and healthy in my youth I was still a big girl [I blame genetics!] According to my Doc my BMI always comes up much higher because I'm quite muscular for a girl, just wondered if this would be taken into account?

Thanks all, hope that made sense!
  2. According to your post, perhaps a sex change would be more in order. :w00t:
  3. Have you got really big tits, and photos of said items?
  4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Young female posting in "Newbies" and you've not asked her for a photo or a blowjob yet, Hig. You must be getting lazy... :shock: :lol:
  5. I can't wait until Ron Jeremy logs in. :D
  6. or fussy.
  7. Haha, don't think you're the first person to suggest that, higthepig! I always did think like a bloke, as well.
    As for photos - I'm nowhere near drunk enough :p
  8. Nikki

Where did you read that your waist would be measured?
  9. I can sort that right out. Never shy of getting my round in.
  10. sgtpepperband

So long as it fits through a kidney hatch in NBCD State 1 Condition Z in full Action working Dress, I can't see a problem... :thumright:
  11. sgtpepperband

...aah, you must've got a new consignment of GHD in! :twisted:
  12. soleil - I'm not 100% sure, may well have been something I stumbled across on the net in one of my searches that isn't actually true, so I thought I'd ask you guys about it. It seemed like the sort of thing that might be in the medical as part of assessing fitness, but I don't know - I have been informed that there are some not-so-true things on t'internet, and frankly, I was shocked.
  13. Go on then, tell us your waist size, we will not mock you at all, at all, at all.
  14. That's why I get the round, they can't see me dropping it in, those bottle toppers are a cnut.
  15. Nikki

What is your BMI?
  16. I think it's about a 34" at the moment, hence there's a lot to lose! I've got diet/exercise sorted now, can't be a fat cnut my whole life! Means I'll have to ditch my buffet slayer t-shirt, but still. And possibly live in the gym.
    Those bottle toppers do spoil all the fun, don't they?
    EDIT: BMI is about 29ish at the moment, as I said, I still qualify as the pie-eater at the moment, but I have been told that I'm pretty muscular as girls go - although my Doc mighta just been being nice to me, ya never know!
  17. Stix, I'm about 5' 7"
  18. Slighly off Topic but, on the new builds, are the hatches made bigger to allow for the females joining?

Tunwells Bridge.
  19. Nah, I ended up with the height, big feet [although according to my Dad I'd be top-heavy and fall over if I had small feet], and the 'big bones', as dear old gran so tactfully puts it.
  20. 5'7" 34 inch waist?

That's well inside my 6 pint bracket, WELL inside.