Waist size?

Hi all, searched the forums etc but not been able to find anything about this topic relevant to women - I'm assuming that it would be different for men.
I have read somewhere that, in your RN medical prior to joining, not only your weight but your waist size is checked as well [to allow for guys built like brick s***houses, one assumes]. Is there a maximum waist size [or even a guidance] for women as well? Although I have weight to lose as part of my training, I'm also built pretty big, and even when I was very fit and healthy in my youth I was still a big girl [I blame genetics!] According to my Doc my BMI always comes up much higher because I'm quite muscular for a girl, just wondered if this would be taken into account?

Thanks all, hope that made sense!

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Young female posting in "Newbies" and you've not asked her for a photo or a blowjob yet, Hig. You must be getting lazy... :shock: :lol:

Haha, don't think you're the first person to suggest that, higthepig! I always did think like a bloke, as well.
As for photos - I'm nowhere near drunk enough :p

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
So long as it fits through a kidney hatch in NBCD State 1 Condition Z in full Action working Dress, I can't see a problem... :thumright:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
nikki92 said:
Haha, don't think you're the first person to suggest that, higthepig! I always did think like a bloke, as well.
I can sort that right out. Never shy of getting my round in.
...aah, you must've got a new consignment of GHD in! :twisted:

soleil - I'm not 100% sure, may well have been something I stumbled across on the net in one of my searches that isn't actually true, so I thought I'd ask you guys about it. It seemed like the sort of thing that might be in the medical as part of assessing fitness, but I don't know - I have been informed that there are some not-so-true things on t'internet, and frankly, I was shocked.

sgtpepperband said:
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
nikki92 said:
I can sort that right out. Never shy of getting my round in.
...aah, you must've got a new consignment of GHD in! :twisted:
That's why I get the round, they can't see me dropping it in, those bottle toppers are a cnut.

I think it's about a 34" at the moment, hence there's a lot to lose! I've got diet/exercise sorted now, can't be a fat cnut my whole life! Means I'll have to ditch my buffet slayer t-shirt, but still. And possibly live in the gym.
Those bottle toppers do spoil all the fun, don't they?
EDIT: BMI is about 29ish at the moment, as I said, I still qualify as the pie-eater at the moment, but I have been told that I'm pretty muscular as girls go - although my Doc mighta just been being nice to me, ya never know!

Nah, I ended up with the height, big feet [although according to my Dad I'd be top-heavy and fall over if I had small feet], and the 'big bones', as dear old gran so tactfully puts it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Health & Fitness 43
The_Wonderer Health & Fitness 10
higthepig Site Issues 3