wages

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#2
It's about £140 per month. Your income, after all deductions is around £760 per month initially. Speak to your nearest AFCO to get an accurate indication & up to date pay scales.
 
#6
I'm sure I have been told but I cannot remember but can anyone confirm if the actual payday is the last working day of the month (i need to change some direct debits before i go to Raleigh and not have much time to sort it!!)

cheers
 

x4nd

Lantern Swinger
#8
Xav28 said:
I'm sure I have been told but I cannot remember but can anyone confirm if the actual payday is the last working day of the month (i need to change some direct debits before i go to Raleigh and not have much time to sort it!!)

cheers
Yes
 
#10
Been a while but I would have thought the entry level wage would have increased a hell of a lot!
A good reason to knuckle down as soon as possible and start working for the next grading - the biggest difference I found was from MEML1 to ALMEML, a huge amount of extra beer tokens.
You get out of it what you put in :pukel: :toilet:
Oops! Missed again.
 
#12
i got 786 approx last month at releigh after all stoppages last month, but some peoples first wages were 687 though to 840ish, it depends on your tax code a bit of it does
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#13
yozza1987 said:
i got 786 approx last month at releigh after all stoppages last month, but some peoples first wages were 687 though to 840ish, it depends on your tax code a bit of it does
Cheers Yozza- good to get a bit of first-hand feedback, much appreciated.

As well as tax codes being different, remember some will have taken an "advance of pay" (loan) which is deducted from your first month's pay & some will be on emergency tax coding which means they will have about 25% of everything taxed until the record of previous earnings & tax paid to date catch-up.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#14
RATINGS RATES OF PAY 2008-2009

New Entry Rate of Pay £1084.41 (Gross per month). £13013 (Gross per annum)

After 26 Weeks £1352.25 (Gross per month). £16227 (Gross per annum)

DEDUCTIONS

Food Charge £3.89(Daily) £116.70 (30 day month)

Accommodation Charge £0.57 (Daily) £17.10 (30 day month)

Council Tax £0.08 (Daily) £2.40 (30 day month)

The average monthly pay for a single New Entrant after stoppages (Tax, National Insurance, food, accommodation and Council Tax) is approximately £770.00 (ish). Again it is stressed that this is an approximate figure and will vary between individuals.
 
#15
Ninja_Stoker said:
yozza1987 said:
i got 786 approx last month at releigh after all stoppages last month, but some peoples first wages were 687 though to 840ish, it depends on your tax code a bit of it does
Cheers Yozza- good to get a bit of first-hand feedback, much appreciated.

As well as tax codes being different, remember some will have taken an "advance of pay" (loan) which is deducted from your first month's pay & some will be on emergency tax coding which means they will have about 25% of everything taxed until the record of previous earnings & tax paid to date catch-up.
Does your age still come into play with pay when joining up. I remember joining as a JRO and an RO2 in the same class would be earning considerably more than me which used to smart!
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#16
Nope, age doesn't apply to income anymore.

However, for Officers (since April 2007) your income is directly related to your academic qualifications.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#20
It's last years on the official sites at the moment Hoppy,

We still await this FY's updated incomes, hence the post about New Entry starting pay. :thumright:
 

Similar threads