Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ROFLMAN, Jun 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. can someone who's done basic training recently tell me how much money they take out your wages for food/accom. ?
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It's about £140 per month. Your income, after all deductions is around £760 per month initially. Speak to your nearest AFCO to get an accurate indication & up to date pay scales.
  3. £760! That is a lot of beer vouchers. :eek:ccasion5:
  4. is that after tax + NI ?
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Yes :roll:
  6. I'm sure I have been told but I cannot remember but can anyone confirm if the actual payday is the last working day of the month (i need to change some direct debits before i go to Raleigh and not have much time to sort it!!)

7. [​IMG]
  8. Yes
  9. Well, last working weekday of the month to be precise!
    (Get used to working Saturdays and Sundays) :)
  10. Been a while but I would have thought the entry level wage would have increased a hell of a lot!
    A good reason to knuckle down as soon as possible and start working for the next grading - the biggest difference I found was from MEML1 to ALMEML, a huge amount of extra beer tokens.
    You get out of it what you put in :pukel: :toilet:
    Oops! Missed again.
  11. Yeah, that was about 7 or 8 quid a day IIRC
  12. i got 786 approx last month at releigh after all stoppages last month, but some peoples first wages were 687 though to 840ish, it depends on your tax code a bit of it does
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Cheers Yozza- good to get a bit of first-hand feedback, much appreciated.

As well as tax codes being different, remember some will have taken an "advance of pay" (loan) which is deducted from your first month's pay & some will be on emergency tax coding which means they will have about 25% of everything taxed until the record of previous earnings & tax paid to date catch-up.
  14. Ninja_Stoker

RATINGS RATES OF PAY 2008-2009

New Entry Rate of Pay £1084.41 (Gross per month). £13013 (Gross per annum)

After 26 Weeks £1352.25 (Gross per month). £16227 (Gross per annum)

Food Charge £3.89(Daily) £116.70 (30 day month)

Accommodation Charge £0.57 (Daily) £17.10 (30 day month)

Council Tax £0.08 (Daily) £2.40 (30 day month)

The average monthly pay for a single New Entrant after stoppages (Tax, National Insurance, food, accommodation and Council Tax) is approximately £770.00 (ish). Again it is stressed that this is an approximate figure and will vary between individuals.
  15. Does your age still come into play with pay when joining up. I remember joining as a JRO and an RO2 in the same class would be earning considerably more than me which used to smart!
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Nope, age doesn't apply to income anymore.

However, for Officers (since April 2007) your income is directly related to your academic qualifications.
  17. I assume that was part of pay 2000 then, or should that be pay 2001!!!
  18. Jeez, over £700!!!!! I was in raleigh 5 yr ago and we were lucky to take home £500 after deductions. Hmmm think i might rejoin lol!
  19. Ninja_Stoker

It's last years on the official sites at the moment Hoppy,

We still await this FY's updated incomes, hence the post about New Entry starting pay. :thumright: