Vote of no confidence in the Government and Brexit

fishhead

War Hero
Even before Boris Johnson was elected PM by the Tory party Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party have been crowing that they would force a "No Confidence" vote when Parliament returns from it's summer holidays in September. As Her Majesty's opposition they have that right. The dumplings have only just realised that should an general election be forced the UK will leave the EU by default,deal or no deal, on All Hallows Eve. The MPs bitterly opposed to any kind of Brexit will be unelected and therefor unable to prevent it.
Now the penny has dropped Corbyn is crying "foul" and wailing about how undemocratic it would be should that happen.
He now has two options. Forget the vote of No Confidence or proceed with it and hope that there is some arcane law that can be pulled out to postpone the resulting Brexit.

Exprop

Lantern Swinger
Even before Boris Johnson was elected PM by the Tory party Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party have been crowing that they would force a "No Confidence" vote when Parliament returns from it's summer holidays in September. As Her Majesty's opposition they have that right. The dumplings have only just realised that should an general election be forced the UK will leave the EU by default,deal or no deal, on All Hallows Eve. The MPs bitterly opposed to any kind of Brexit will be unelected and therefor unable to prevent it.
Now the penny has dropped Corbyn is crying "foul" and wailing about how undemocratic it would be should that happen.
He now has two options. Forget the vote of No Confidence or proceed with it and hope that there is some arcane law that can be pulled out to postpone the resulting Brexit.
I am intrigued. Which option do you think better represents the will of the people?

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
How can there be a 'no confidence' vote for something that has only been working for a very short time?

Surely the point of a no confidence vote is because something is not working - this new government (love them or loathe them) has not yet had time to do anything.

Can they be assessed on what they MIGHT do?

fishhead

War Hero
I am intrigued. Which option do you think better represents the will of the people?
The will of the people(it seems) is pretty evenly balanced at present so which ever path is chosen there are many people who will resent the outcome. The Labour Party leadership clearly think they are a shoo in to form a government but it is by no means certain even so the temptation to put the theory to the test must be very strong. I agree with you that it is intriguing.

Sumo

War Hero
Corbychef is looking at any opportunities that could see him in number 10. I don't think he cares about anything else?
It was obvious yBoris could call a general election mid October, with an election date in November thus closing parliament, with the country being run by Boris and his cabinet until a new PM is elected. Possibly a PM suicide for Boris but Brexit would happen, and possibly a whole new style of Westminster shuffle will take place.
Keep on watching for the next episode of WTF is going on?

Ballistic

War Hero
Corbychef is looking at any opportunities that could see him in number 10. I don't think he cares about anything else?
It was obvious yBoris could call a general election mid October, with an election date in November thus closing parliament, with the country being run by Boris and his cabinet until a new PM is elected. Possibly a PM suicide for Boris but Brexit would happen, and possibly a whole new style of Westminster shuffle will take place.
Keep on watching for the next episode of WTF is going on?
I keep thinking all this is one those weird dreams brought on from eating too much cheese and I'm going to wake up soon in 2014...

Sumo

War Hero
I like the way the has beens are stepping forward to take over as caretaker PM, all remainers obviously, as for Corbychef I don't thing he is all there?

fishhead

War Hero
Dear old Ken Clark(Mr Hush Puppies himself) and Hattie Harman have put themselves forward to lead the Remainers over the top in the battle to avoid a no-deal Brexit but some of the troops on the ground are sounding a bit doubtful even though they share the same aims.
The LibDems have always been anti Brexit and thought they could see a chance,should there be a General Election, of themselves being the flagbearers for the anti Brexit vote. With the proposed unholy alliance with either Corbyn or Clark/Harman heading a government of so-called national unity the LD's USP would be whipped away from them with the others claiming they have saved the day.
If the MP's can ever agree with each other on what path to take next Boris will be in for a rough ride but it is a big IF

Sumo

War Hero
Dear old Ken Clark(Mr Hush Puppies himself) and Hattie Harman have put themselves forward to lead the Remainers over the top in the battle to avoid a no-deal Brexit but some of the troops on the ground are sounding a bit doubtful even though they share the same aims.
The LibDems have always been anti Brexit and thought they could see a chance,should there be a General Election, of themselves being the flagbearers for the anti Brexit vote. With the proposed unholy alliance with either Corbyn or Clark/Harman heading a government of so-called national unity the LD's USP would be whipped away from them with the others claiming they have saved the day.
If the MP's can ever agree with each other on what path to take next Boris will be in for a rough ride but it is a big IF
You have to assume that a gaggle of MPs can one make a decision and two all agree at the same time? Track record to date not to good. Then which one gets the shout to be PM? Bet they can never decide on that?

fishhead

War Hero
You have to assume that a gaggle of MPs can one make a decision and two all agree at the same time? Track record to date not to good. Then which one gets the shout to be PM? Bet they can never decide on that?
Of course Corbyn has first shout at being a replacement PM if Boris gets a vote of no confidence as he is the official leader of HM's Opposition. The LIbDems think that these are not normal times so the normal niceties need not be observed and will seemingly support an "anyone but Corbyn" replacement government.
It is not hard to see why the whole Brexit process has been cocked up by the parliamentarians who can't agree amongst themselves let alone the electorate.

Stirlin

War Hero
Cannot imagine where we would be with BREXIT if we had ditched the pound for the EURO , one great clusterfcuk like an octopus that grows a new tentacle when you manage to chop one off.