Volunteers wanted for the Sea Cadets - contact [email protected]

If your wearing the call and carrying a pace stick I'd say black gaiters (although GI's use a whistle, not a bosun's call).

If you are wearing a white belt then white gaiters IMO.

The Sea Cadets are a youth organisation offering training to young people aged 10 to 18 who are looking for volunteers.

We recruit volunteers aged 18 and over to deliver training to our cadets.

We supply full support and training to our volunteers. Training we provide includes: Instructor grades, SCC Offshore Sailing, SCC Offshore Power, RYA Dinghy Sailing, RYA Wind Surfing, RYA Power Boating, SCC Rowing, BCU or SCC Paddlesport Coach, SCC Shooting (Small Bore), SCC Shooting (Full Bore), BSAC Sub-Aqua Diving, Adventure Training, Rock Climbing/Abseiling, Bandmaster (DoM or RMSM approved, SCC Meteorology plus much more.

The Sea Cadets use a nautical theme based on the customs of the Royal Navy to teach skills from cookery to computers, engineering, first aid, sailing, navigation and the art of seamanship both on land and on the water. We are currently looking for volunteers aged 18+ to help teach cadets these valuable life skills.

Volunteers need no experience just a passion to work with young people and a willingness to attend training.

What we do: Adventure Training, Camping, Canoeing, Cook/Steward, Communications, Diving, Drill, First Aid, Field craft, Kayaking, Marine Engineering, Meteorology, Mountain Biking, Mountain Leadership, Navigation, Physical Training, Pulling (Rowing), Sailing (including offshore), Seamanship, Shooting……………….

If teaching the cadets isn’t your thing and you can donate your skills by helping on the Sea Cadets Committee. The units need support with admin, fundraising, PR and marketing, boat maintenance, accounts and much more.

For more information, please contact 07867 871 906 or email [email protected]

Awaiting a reply for the use of the local RFCA building one night a week,CRB is through,going back to being a Chief! Local RNA are fully on side(strange as both CO and I are members ;-) )

Not so very long ago (Sunday 9th November to be precise) several hours (and a number of 'light' refreshments) after the bimble to the cenotaph with the other old codgers, I got chatting to a SCC Chief, its now appears I am the probationary Admin officer for my local unit. Getting signed up to Westminster and my DBS/CRB paperwork completed on Thursday

Not so very long ago (Sunday 9th November to be precise) several hours (and a number of 'light' refreshments) after the bimble to the cenotaph with the other old codgers, I got chatting to a SCC Chief, its now appears I am the probationary Admin officer for my local unit. Getting signed up to Westminster and my DBS/CRB paperwork completed on Thursday
You learnt a valuable lesson there, don't let sea cadets talk to you when your pissed.

I was with the RNA and was press ganged into to RBL after the church service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joint Force, it did not help that the wench was actively encouraging the act. 1st time she has attended the post ceremony piss up in 5 years, I am sure she was just out for revenge for 5 good sessions missed, she thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Didn't the press gangs get their volunteers pissed? Certainly feels like I was press ganged!

Ah well I will just have to bide my time and hope we put into a port where I can disappear, blend in with the natives.

Wench has spent most of today rustling up donations for a raffle to help raise funds for the unit, I wonder who set her up for that :rolleyes:

Ok chaps,back in uniform from Tuesday,been given a load of sew on dolphins ,are for my fours only or do you wear them on jerseys as well? We did in the initial trials ta

And your combats or whatever they are called this week?

I thought our local sea cadets were bad! Take a look at St Ives (cambs not Kernow) Sea Scouts!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417283460.453288.jpg

One of their leaders saw our charity boards last AFD and basically asked why we weren't giving them some money?

I presume he left shortly after as he is now spotted warming benches with the rest of Huntingdon's finest drinkers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Some ebay sellers do black on green or ivory on mtp dolphin badges, but these arn't official, there is no regulations about dolphins on MTP. Carefull calling them PCS as our new 4's [rollout of issue starts next month] are also PCS [it's the colour you want to be refering too not the cut of the cloth].

Latest Threads