Volkswagen California T6 Campervan

Why can't I have one and be doing that instead of being here not doing that
but doing this instead when I would rather being doing that than this.

The VW California T6 Camper
Price: £35,000 to £50,000

Last edited:
Billy go for it you are only young once, and you miss that opportunity, so don't waste any more time. Will yours have a Sat dish so you can keep posting your much loved thread?

Last edited:
We had friends that bought one of these - brilliant design - little 'secret' stowage spaces for all manner of things as I recall. No wasted space and I think even a picnic table and 2 chairs stashed away in the door void spaces.

I used to lust after these, but the practicalities dont bear it out. The quas (tent on top) is barely big enough for two small sproglets, better off sticking them in a tent alongside so they dont listen to/watch you and the mrs play hide the camp sausage. The AC is worthless, so if you are camping in Cali (or Florida) you will be wishing for a boring old class C rental with a roof AC unit.

I know 50k pounds sterling isn't what it was until nigeapocolypse , but check this one out....
http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2010-Mercedes-Benz-SPRINTER-119743950

Thread swerve to another van.

The VIXEN 21 RV Camper-Van I-Want-One-Of-Those.
Never seen one in the GRP, but it looks like the old Toyota Hi-Ace coachbuilt. Should be a nice low c of g, and better in sidewinds, but you have to wonder about ground clearance, and if you imported on to blighty, the first humpback bridge it meets ought to be interesting.

Never seen one in the GRP, but it looks like the old Toyota Hi-Ace coachbuilt. Should be a nice low c of g, and better in sidewinds, but you have to wonder about ground clearance, and if you imported on to blighty, the first humpback bridge it meets ought to be interesting.
I would just go over them faster than usual.

Stop Press! Don't drive over humpty-back bridges. Drive through them.
The van for blokes is this:-

http://www.rockinvans.co.uk/blog-post/winter-camper-van