Vlm 2014

OMM

War Hero
Ballot results for the 2014 London marathon results were sent out this morning and I'm pleased that I got a place :)

Anyone else running it?

OMM

War Hero
Reopen the thread briefly.

I'm looking for a charity to raise money for at this years VLM but I don't have any charities close to my heart so I'm going to open up the choice to you guys among others.

Any charities that would appreciate the donations?

Thanks.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Anything not H4H is always a change. RMCTF is certainly a good one. The bigger service charities have just had a £36M cash injection from Banks fined for libor fixing, so I doubt they would be as appreciative.

OMM

War Hero
The type of money I'll raise wouldn't even make the slightest impact at H4H, maybe buy a few packs of biscuits to stick in the office but that's all.

I'm going to make a list of choices, most likely to be a forces charity I choose, and read through them later.

Does the British Legion do well?

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Does the British Legion do well?
Not really and unlike H4H, it helps anyone that has served, regardless of in what conflict (if applicable) and age. As good as H4H is, they only look after those that have served in Telic or Herrick and have taken the focus off the Legion and the respective Arms benevolent funds.

Last edited:
True words about H4H,legion is there for all who have served and their dependants,regardless of conflict or arm served in.

What BR and Barney said :) RBL also help with financial advice, represent you at medical pension hearings, campaign for ex-service personnel and their families wrt to government decisions etc etc.