Discussion in 'International' started by BillyNoMates, Jun 23, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

A pair of these Norwegian vessels are currently playing games down in the S.W.
    Strange looking beasts - a gert big barge affair with nowt but a gun at the front.

Big, flat and extremely fast so I've been informed.

When the Norwegians build a patrol boat, they build a patrol boat.
  2. Can't remember which country but one from Scandinavia somewhere, designed a class of their boats so that it was largely composed of right-angled triangles all over which apparently made it less visible to radar.
  3. Are they amphibious? If not why the now you see me now you don't land camouflage?
  4. Seriously?
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep, they got the idea off HMS Brecon...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Fast Cat ... low draft and I think had water jet propulsion units so no props to foul.
  7. Yes seriously, pusser has used various shades of grey for generations in an effort to avoid visual detection. Unless these vessels are being used in fjords extremely close to land what is the point of ground type camo?
  8. There you go slim, being used in fjords extremely close to land, which part of the world are they from?:p
    • Like Like x 1
  9. You've just answered your own question, they're used primarily as coastal vessels. Take a look again at the photos and it's obvious why they are camo'd up.
  10. Foot note slim, take monty's advice and compare to land behind it?
  11. Thanks Sumo & Monty, just loked at a site depicting them, the camo really works well against the snow covered terrain in the background.
    However they are classy and super fast.
  12. Being driven by a WAFU? Almost made it to the heli-pad?
    • Funny Funny x 1