Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visitors to Rum Ration

RP1986

GCM
Members Online: 11
Visitors Online: 41
Total: 52
This was taken at 1245 Friday 9th May, how come we have so many visitors and not many members on line? It’s great to see so many voyeurs out there but why don’t you join? You could then add your two penith worth to the threads adding new blood to the site, and seeing the age of some of the members on RR we might need some new blood soon. Only joking, the older and bolder you are the better the dits.

many visitors will be members. For example when I post something I usually log out - otherwise it looks childish to sit there watching who reads it or replies ... sorry :whew:

RP1986

GCM
golden_rivet said:
many visitors will be members. For example when I post something I usually log out - otherwise it looks childish to sit there watching who reads it or replies ... sorry :whew:

OOPS better log out quick before someone spots that i'm still here :thumright:

Guzzler

War Hero
RP1986 said:
Members Online: 11
Visitors Online: 41
Total: 52
This was taken at 1245 Friday 9th May, how come we have so many visitors and not many members on line? It’s great to see so many voyeurs out there but why don’t you join? You could then add your two penith worth to the threads adding new blood to the site, and seeing the age of some of the members on RR we might need some new blood soon. Only joking, the older and bolder you are the better the dits.

Found this site this morning and just joined. Afternoon shipmates! :wav:

Ant_H

Lantern Swinger
Some days I keep the window open and minimised in my bar, forget about it and come back to it later on. I just couldn't live with myself if people saw me on the same page for two hours. :lol:

G R. I think you may have that SOP all to yourself! I'd never thought of looking until you mentioned it. Like Ant_H, I often leave it running in a separate Window. Whatever must you think.

stirling2

Banned
...of those 6352 members 2607 have never posted anything.
I never log off, what is the point ??, I would only have to log back in.

safewalrus

War Hero
It may interest you to know that a fair few of the 6352 have been, seen and left in disgust! Not always I might add for sensible reasons but they've gone! they have other fish to fry! There's the trolls who join, stir and leave and there's them like me, return occasionally to see how things are progressing and go away again shaking their heads in disbelief!

The important thing is your still running, some regulars, some idiots, but generally not to bad - don't knock it there's some forums never got off the ground, nor stayed the course!! You can't maintain the level of interest all the time!

Hey just a thought but there may even be some who are absent for operational reasons! Just occasionally I believe the odd ship does go to sea and work! But only occasionally mind!!

SELJUK

War Hero
Hey!
I'm still alive....but as it's soooooo sunny just lately I've taken to catching up in the back garden. Very small doses mind otherwise the deeps in me will reject it!

blue_sophist

Lantern Swinger
Hello, Sailors ....

I log in when I need to post something on the Charity thread, but apart from that let you get on with your nautical habits. Others are voyeurs, who hope to understand something incomprehensible .. The Royal Navy :thumright:

I mean, who needs someone from ARRSE, who's ex-Crab and ex-RN, pontificating endlessly on subjects he knows nothing about?

Mind you, they do it all the time on AARSE ;-)

There may also be some who have more sense and are out on the piss instead of reading most of this crap, when i was a young sailor, and IF they had computers in those days, then i would have been out on the piss and missed all of this jolly stuff. :w00t:

Tanzi

Lantern Swinger
andym said:
A lot will be "bots" and "spiders" from search engines trawling the net.

But wouldn't some be there all the time. I logged on about 0430A today and was on me jack jones. Very lonely morning watch, sun coming up abaft the beam, cup of kye, quick cough and a drag and it'll be time to call the hands.

GET UP YOU LAZY BASTARDS !!!

Standard_Bearer

Lantern Swinger
andym said:

Wot are 'bots and 'spiders' Please enlighten me :thumright:

I quite often don't log on just read the posts and only log on when I want to put my oar in! :bball:

Cpt_Black

Lantern Swinger
Don't worry, bots and spiders are internet programs which trawl through many internet forums either posting obscene things (hard to detect on this forum) or just collecting data.

They probably have other uses (including good ones) but I can't think of any at the moment!

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Standard_Bearer said:
andym said:

Wot are 'bots and 'spiders' Please enlighten me :thumright:

I quite often don't log on just read the posts and only log on when I want to put my oar in! :bball:

Bots are robots that check sites for the likes of google and give them ratings (thats what I was told)

Spiders go through the internet looking for valid email addresses to send spam emails to

Tanzi

Lantern Swinger
Cpt_Black said:
They probably have other uses (including good ones) but I can't think of any at the moment!

They do indeed. Search engines such as Google and Yahoo etc. use them to build up their databases. They constantly trawl the web looking for new sites. Without them, searching for info would be more difficult. So they're not all bad. :money:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Face masks and coverings to be worn by all NHS hospital staff and visitors MoD News 0
soleil Navy News (FB): North Shields - HMS Northumberland - Ship Open To Visitors - Saturday, February 8th 2020 The Fleet 1
MoD_RSS £1 million to help NHS reclaim debts from overseas visitors MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Keeping British MotoGP visitors on track for safer rides MoD News 0
MoD_RSS One million visitors use passport eGates since expansion MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New training for health visitors to boost early language skills MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: ePassport gates to open to visitors from Singapore and South Korea MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: 388 top-rated beaches after scorching summer boosts visitors to seaside MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Supply chain event attracts record 1,700 visitors MoD News 0
IlikeB33r HMNB Clyde visitors Bases / Shore Est 3
BillyNoMates Visitors. International 12
soleil HMS Gloucester And HMS Daring Open To Visitors - 25/26 June 2011 - Pompey Bases / Shore Est 1
soleil Navy News: "Navy Days Spectacle Attracts 25,000 Visitors" Bases / Shore Est 1
soleil "HMS Cornwall Open To Visitors In Fowey This Weekend" The Fleet 1
soleil Devonshire Dock Hall (Barrow) Open To Visitors 19/20-06-2010 Submariners 3
rod-gearing Visitors day knicker list Diamond Lil's 37
wet_blobby Visitors, whats going on? RR Greatest Threads 155
T Cloven Footed visitors The Gash Barge 7
shag_shacker number of visitors Diamond Lil's 8
T U-boats open to visitors Submariners 7
W VISITORS TO THE SITE - COME AND JOIN US!!! Diamond Lil's 11
wet_blobby Visitors to RR The Gash Barge 15
kingoftwigs Number of visitors Diamond Lil's 37
Ageing_Gracefully the 2020 UNIQUE ARRSE AND RUM RATION CHRISTMAS DRAW Competitions 33
E Rum Ration--What's keeping it afloat? The Gash Barge 36
D Rum Ration soliciting? The Gash Barge 11
D Rum Ration staying afloat Diamond Lil's 90
Ageing_Gracefully The UNIQUE RUM RATION ANNUAL CHRISTMAS DRAW 2019 Competitions 24
slim Rum Ration Poetry challange! Diamond Lil's 14
CERA Thanks Rum Ration! Diamond Lil's 18
Alfacharlie Was the old rum ration days better? Diamond Lil's 4
slim Was Rum Ration a Better forum in the Olden Days Diamond Lil's 14
Ageing_Gracefully Would you like to review books on Rum Ration? The Book Club 0
Ageing_Gracefully The ARRSE/RUM RATION Grand Christmas Draw 2018 Competitions 45
Ageing_Gracefully Do you want to review books for Rum Ration? The Book Club 0
soleil Economist: "Rum, Strategy & The Cash - Britain's RN Has Big Ambitions, But A Small Budget" Current Affairs 0
D Rum Ration . Have the Submariners subsumed it? The Gash Barge 25
janner 2018 Upgrade - Rum Ration Medals and Ranks Site Issues 8
Joint_Force_Harrier Grand National Rum Ration Virtual Sweepstake Sports and Adventure Training 38
Ageing_Gracefully Do You Fancy Reviewing Books for Rum Ration The Book Club 1
Stirlin Rum Ration 10th Birthday. Diamond Lil's 11
P Persec and Rum Ration Current Affairs 52
Stirlin The Rum Bar. Diamond Lil's 0
P Pussers rum cup HMS Belfast can anyone tell me anything about this? History 4
Good CO Rum Ration - Migration of forums to "Xenforo" on Monday morning Site Issues 7
TheLastStoker Genuine Navy Rum Advice The Quarterdeck 5
Joint_Force_Harrier Proper Rum Barrels Hobbies & The Great Indoors 20
SONAR-BENDER Rum - every day a school-day! The Quarterdeck 7
soleil FoodBev.Com: "Pusser's Navy Rum Now Available At Harrods" The Quarterdeck 27
J Pusser's Rum The Quarterdeck 20