Visit to Yeovilton

Greetings all. Visiting Yeovilton soon from Oz. My dad flew Stringbags off carriers 1940. Any tips for visiting base would be much appreciated.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
G'day. If the wind's from the West, take Runway Zero-Niner/Two Seven, then you are clear to taxi to the apron. :)

Seriously though, enjoy your visit!

Waspie

War Hero
While your visiting the FAA museum, which is we'll worth the money. Relatively close is the Tank museum at Bovington. If your travelling from Australia to miss that would be a shame. It is also world class - thoroughly recommend both venues.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Hmmm... what could possibly go wrong? :D

Ah yes, Bovington. The college of knowledge for the Royal Navy Recruiter.

The only recent improvement I heard was that they've closed the pub outside the base that resembled a 1970's NAAFI JR Bar. What was it called again? Hallucinations? Clouds? Something like that, anyway.

Sumo

War Hero
Ah yes, Bovington. The college of knowledge for the Royal Navy Recruiter.

The only recent improvement I heard was that they've closed the pub outside the base that resembled a 1970's NAAFI JR Bar. What was it called again? Hallucinations? Clouds? Something like that, anyway.
Frequenting places like this are known for causing, Hallucinations & Clouding of the mind, even complete memory loss.

Thanks to all for feedback.had great day at faa museum.getting up close to dads plane, awesome! if your ever in Oz check faa museum Nowra south of Sydney Cheers!!