visit to ship

ailish 11

Midshipman
Good Morning
sorry for posting same message but thought i had put it on new thread, but i seemed to have answered a question duh !
No 1 son is in Glasgow and ship has a open day on the Sunday , all Tickets on the website have gone, my question is can the family just rock up and see him or what is the correct form , he is a Y.O
Many Thanks a Excited Mum

WreckerL

War Hero
Rock up and ask them to pipe for him. Let him know you're coming first though, he might be able to get you on board as a personal guest.

ailish 11

Midshipman
Hi Everyone
got Tickets they released a new batch - but sons girlfriend said we shouldn't go as it might detract him from doing his duties?question is will we as all new to this , i dont need him to show us round we will join the tour, i just want a quick word to see if he is ok as wont see him again for ages and ages - which is cool as he is in the Navy
or is girlfriend being over protective
cheers

dapperdunn

War Hero
Hi Everyone
got Tickets they released a new batch - but sons girlfriend said we shouldn't go as it might detract him from doing his duties?question is will we as all new to this , i dont need him to show us round we will join the tour, i just want a quick word to see if he is ok as wont see him again for ages and ages - which is cool as he is in the Navy
or is girlfriend being over protective
cheers
girlfriend being over protective
That.

ailish 11

Midshipman
Just she says he needs to concentrate( she is a navy child her dad is in Subs) as he took his eye off the ball on last ship and didnt do that well , so she tells me this is last chance - but nothing has been put on paper etc

dapperdunn

War Hero
Just she says he needs to concentrate( she is a navy child her dad is in Subs) as he took his eye off the ball on last ship and didnt do that well , so she tells me this is last chance - but nothing has been put on paper etc
Bit odd that he wouldn't tell you. Do you think he would have told you if he's seemingly struggling?I've a chap who works for me, his son told him when he was finding life as a YO difficult. Is she the possessive type?

ailish 11

Midshipman
yep
school teacher, son tells me when i spoke to him before he joined Defender that everything is good and he really likes his new skipper and Navs, they have told him they will get him through this in 3 months so he can go to next part of training
It must be hard for Y.O they seem to be at the beck and call of everyone

fishhead

War Hero
@ailish 11 If my family were to have visited a ship where I was a member of the ship's company and they didn't bother to make contact I would think it very strange whatever my assumed circumstances. It is my opinion that you should make every effort to make contact. If he is struggling it will be a boost to his morale rather than a distraction.

dapperdunn

War Hero
@ailish 11 If my family were to have visited a ship where I was a member of the ship's company and they didn't bother to make contact I would think it very strange whatever my assumed circumstances. It is my opinion that you should make every effort to make contact. If he is struggling it will be a boost to his morale rather than a distraction.
My mum and dad visited the Ajax when we were on a ship's visit to Falmouth. I only found out that they were on board when I was piped to the chief's mess. My old man was leathered, they'd been in there for 2 hours.

ailish 11

Midshipman
Dear All
Thank you for your great comments , went to ship he was overjoyed to see us even got to see "other Bits" as the C.O told him to take us round - he was off duty and in his civies - was strange to see men calling him Sir
went for lunch and he came home for 6 hrs and just chilled , his big sister was really pleased to see him , it gave the family a great insight to his life on board and actually what he does,no wonder when he does come home he just wants peace and silence
again thank you all
xxxxx

dapperdunn

War Hero
Dear All
Thank you for your great comments , went to ship he was overjoyed to see us even got to see "other Bits" as the C.O told him to take us round - he was off duty and in his civies - was strange to see men calling him Sir
went for lunch and he came home for 6 hrs and just chilled , his big sister was really pleased to see him , it gave the family a great insight to his life on board and actually what he does,no wonder when he does come home he just wants peace and silence
again thank you all
xxxxx
Pleased for you :)

ailish 11

Midshipman
well i might have got Brownie points from him as gave him lunch, cup of coffee and let him go to his room and chill, then Tea and lift back up the Road , he left me with 1 Easter Egg ,1 Jar of Quince Jelly, 1 jar of Apple Jam, several packets of Biscuits

Latest Threads