visit to ship

ailish 11

Midshipman
Good Morning
sorry for posting same message but thought i had put it on new thread, but i seemed to have answered a question duh !
No 1 son is in Glasgow and ship has a open day on the Sunday , all Tickets on the website have gone, my question is can the family just rock up and see him or what is the correct form , he is a Y.O
Many Thanks a Excited Mum

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Rock up and ask them to pipe for him. Let him know you're coming first though, he might be able to get you on board as a personal guest.

ailish 11

Midshipman
Hi Everyone
got Tickets they released a new batch - but sons girlfriend said we shouldn't go as it might detract him from doing his duties?question is will we as all new to this , i dont need him to show us round we will join the tour, i just want a quick word to see if he is ok as wont see him again for ages and ages - which is cool as he is in the Navy
or is girlfriend being over protective
cheers

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hi Everyone
got Tickets they released a new batch - but sons girlfriend said we shouldn't go as it might detract him from doing his duties?question is will we as all new to this , i dont need him to show us round we will join the tour, i just want a quick word to see if he is ok as wont see him again for ages and ages - which is cool as he is in the Navy
or is girlfriend being over protective
cheers
girlfriend being over protective
That.

ailish 11

Midshipman
Just she says he needs to concentrate( she is a navy child her dad is in Subs) as he took his eye off the ball on last ship and didnt do that well , so she tells me this is last chance - but nothing has been put on paper etc

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Just she says he needs to concentrate( she is a navy child her dad is in Subs) as he took his eye off the ball on last ship and didnt do that well , so she tells me this is last chance - but nothing has been put on paper etc
Bit odd that he wouldn't tell you. Do you think he would have told you if he's seemingly struggling?I've a chap who works for me, his son told him when he was finding life as a YO difficult. Is she the possessive type?

ailish 11

Midshipman
yep
school teacher, son tells me when i spoke to him before he joined Defender that everything is good and he really likes his new skipper and Navs, they have told him they will get him through this in 3 months so he can go to next part of training
It must be hard for Y.O they seem to be at the beck and call of everyone

ailish 11

Midshipman
His Sister is going to bake a Maderia Cake - as she asked why do you pass the cake from the left ( she is Blonde) so has become a family joke

fishhead

War Hero
@ailish 11 If my family were to have visited a ship where I was a member of the ship's company and they didn't bother to make contact I would think it very strange whatever my assumed circumstances. It is my opinion that you should make every effort to make contact. If he is struggling it will be a boost to his morale rather than a distraction.

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
@ailish 11 If my family were to have visited a ship where I was a member of the ship's company and they didn't bother to make contact I would think it very strange whatever my assumed circumstances. It is my opinion that you should make every effort to make contact. If he is struggling it will be a boost to his morale rather than a distraction.
My mum and dad visited the Ajax when we were on a ship's visit to Falmouth. I only found out that they were on board when I was piped to the chief's mess. My old man was leathered, they'd been in there for 2 hours.

ailish 11

Midshipman
Dear All
Thank you for your great comments , went to ship he was overjoyed to see us even got to see "other Bits" as the C.O told him to take us round - he was off duty and in his civies - was strange to see men calling him Sir
went for lunch and he came home for 6 hrs and just chilled , his big sister was really pleased to see him , it gave the family a great insight to his life on board and actually what he does,no wonder when he does come home he just wants peace and silence
again thank you all
xxxxx

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Dear All
Thank you for your great comments , went to ship he was overjoyed to see us even got to see "other Bits" as the C.O told him to take us round - he was off duty and in his civies - was strange to see men calling him Sir
went for lunch and he came home for 6 hrs and just chilled , his big sister was really pleased to see him , it gave the family a great insight to his life on board and actually what he does,no wonder when he does come home he just wants peace and silence
again thank you all
xxxxx
Pleased for you :)

ailish 11

Midshipman
well i might have got Brownie points from him as gave him lunch, cup of coffee and let him go to his room and chill, then Tea and lift back up the Road , he left me with 1 Easter Egg ,1 Jar of Quince Jelly, 1 jar of Apple Jam, several packets of Biscuits

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Press release: Royal Navy Ship HMS Albion to visit Indonesia 22-25 April 2018 MoD News 0
N Ship visit Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
(granny) Ship visit. Social & Reunions 16
soleil T'graph: Relations Between Britain & China Strained Over Naval Ship's Visit To Japan The Fleet 6
MoD_RSS HMS Echo becomes first Royal Navy ship to visit post-Gaddafi Libya Current Affairs 1
soleil South Wales Argus: "Dragon On Deck To Celebrate Royal Navy Ship’s Visit To City" The Fleet 0
soleil Northern Echo: "County's Adopted Ship To Visit Region" The Fleet 31
soleil Manx Radio: "Visit by Ship in Somali Pirate Incident" RFA 0
C Belfast Ship Visit? The Quarterdeck 19
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Nick de Bois as Chair of the Visit England Advisory Board. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement in response to OSCE Head of Mission visit to Montenegro MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement in response to OSCE Head of Mission visit to Kosovo MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Science Minister chooses UKAEA for first major visit MoD News 0
soleil KL.FM 96.7: "Navy Boat Visit For King's Lynn" SCC and URNU 3
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary's first Gulf visit to showcase Britain's strengths MoD News 0
soleil FB: HMNB Portsmouth: Seven Sprightly WW2 Veterans Visit HMS Queen Elizabeth The Fleet 9
MoD_RSS The Prince of Wales to visit Bosnia and Herzegovina MoD News 0
MoD_RSS YMCA Bournemouth’s Chatterbox Project visit Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council CCTV control room MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Leading UK security companies to visit Guatemala and explore opportunities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ghana Mission visit Tokyo for Disaster Risk Reduction Workshop on 28-31 January 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Royal visit to meet patients and staff at Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre MoD News 0
soleil HMS Prince of Wales To Make Inaugural Visit To Liverpool The Fleet 43
soleil FB: BBC West- "Who Knew Submarines Used To Visit Bristol?" Submariners 0
MoD_RSS Sarah Fowler, Nadine Thomson, Andy Wood appointed as Board Members to Visit England Advisory Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Open Day 2019: an opportunity to visit the British residence Athens MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit flagship restaurant MyLahore in Bradford MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO Minister arrives in Vietnam for two day visit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alok Sharma heralds green cities of the future on Kenya visit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO Minister to visit Indonesia and Vietnam to discuss collaboration on global challenges MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prince of Wales concludes tenth official visit to India MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prince of Wales embarks on tenth official visit to India MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prince of Wales embarks on tenth official visit to India MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Truss visit to Aston Martin Lagonda underlines benefits of international trade to Warwickshire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coal Authority scientists visit CERN MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Duke and Duchess of Cambridge conclude their visit to Pakistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit the culture capital of Pakistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Royal visit marks long-standing dialogue with Japan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Europe makes first official visit to Cyprus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Planning Inspectorate publish an updated Inquiries Review Action Plan following Bridget Rosewell’s recent visit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK supports military transparency by hosting visit of 22 countries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO Minister for Asia and the Pacific begins four day visit to Laos, Cambodia and Thailand MoD News 0
PedlarP HMS Queen Elizabeth - Port Visit to Halifax, NS The Fleet 2
MoD_RSS Committee on Radioactive Waste Management visit to Dounreay MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Veterans ministers meet ex-forces personnel on first joint visit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Northern Powerhouse Minister backs Liverpool’s regeneration plans in first official visit since Cabinet promotion MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 500K Indians visit UK in single year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK-China trade relations championed by investment minister visit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government Chemist and IGFS visit Ghana MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO Minister Wheeler visit to Fiji and the Pacific Island Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ministers visit Dover to ensure UK ports are ready for Brexit MoD News 0