Vintage aeroplanes.

taffscrivs

War Hero
On holiday in Launceston this week, fly fishing on the Tamar.
Any one know what the two vintage planes were flying around North Cornwall today? (Weds 29th June).
Looked like German WWII planes to me but open to mockery if I'm wrong!

Waspie

War Hero
On holiday in Launceston this week, fly fishing on the Tamar.
Any one know what the two vintage planes were flying around North Cornwall today? (Weds 29th June).
Looked like German WWII planes to me but open to mockery if I'm wrong!
Don't know, but take into account it is display season - stands to reason.
Yeovilton have a couple of Brit vintage aircraft. Swordfish and Sea Fury! Who knows.

A few years back a couple of WW1 multi wing flew over Portland.

Another for the pot!!
Maybe a private owner flying them to a maintenance field for annual service. Or visa versa, returning to base after a service!!!

huwshpis

War Hero
There's a pre-war De Havilland Dragon Rapide that occasionally files around Woolwich, but I haven't seen it for a while.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Had a quick search and they were more likely to have come from this place, which I didn't know existed, embarrassingly.

Waspie

War Hero
Taught my youngest to drive on Davidstow airfield, it might be able to take light aircraft and helos but not anything larger like a WW2 fighter.

I'll see if anything is in local papers.
I'm not familiar with the airfield personally. However, WW2 aircraft only need a grass field to land and T/O. If anything, it could as I said be either a flyby for a open day or such or simply doing a round robin from another field!!!
Probably a thousand reasons why they were over Launceston. Unless they pop up on local news.

taffscrivs

War Hero
Had a quick search and they were more likely to have come from this place, which I didn't know existed, embarrassingly.

The planes that flew over today around 12noon were definitely propeller driven, and looked like WWII fighters.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
The planes that flew over today around 12noon were definitely propeller driven, and looked like WWII fighters.
The heritage centre is next to Newquay airfield.
I'm not familiar with the airfield personally. However, WW2 aircraft only need a grass field to land and T/O. If anything, it could as I said be either a flyby for a open day or such or simply doing a round robin from another field!!!
Probably a thousand reasons why they were over Launceston. Unless they pop up on local news.
Davidstow airfield is concrete but in a total state of disrepair. It is handy for learning to drive as it's so full of potholes you can't go fast, my lad was 16 when I first took him there to learn.

Latest Threads