Vigilant back in the news

Positive CDT = Discharge.

Individuals may apply to rejoin the Army after two years.

Basically, Capita's failure to recruit has resulted in a drug policy that doesn't deter.
Tbf though I'd still say that's a deterrent though. 2 years out of a job and no gurantee of returning to it....

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Tbf though I'd still say that's a deterrent though. 2 years out of a job and no gurantee of returning to it....
Point taken, but if people want a quick exit that doesn't stop them coming back to the job at a later juncture, then they have it. Not only that, but everyone being discharged from the RN & RAF for a positive CDT know that if all else fails, the Army would re-employ them.

Point taken, but if people want a quick exit that doesn't stop them coming back to the job at a later juncture, then they have it. Not only that, but everyone being discharged from the RN & RAF for a positive CDT know that if all else fails, the Army would re-employ them.
I think the bigger problem is failings in society. The current strategy to deter people from taking drugs isn't working. I went a school that had a zero tolerance policy on drugs i.e. caught with an ounce of cannabis and you're expelled. Random drugs testing was conducted on those suspected. Even then, we half a dozen a year expeled for taking drugs and at least half the year being regular 'soft' drug users and a good 20% being regular Class A drug users. This was in a school that produced some of the top academic results in the country and with a huge number of illustrious alumni(including a few PMs)

I think the bigger problem is failings in society. The current strategy to deter people from taking drugs isn't working. I went a school that had a zero tolerance policy on drugs i.e. caught with an ounce of cannabis and you're expelled. Random drugs testing was conducted on those suspected. Even then, we half a dozen a year expeled for taking drugs and at least half the year being regular 'soft' drug users and a good 20% being regular Class A drug users. This was in a school that produced some of the top academic results in the country and with a huge number of illustrious alumni(including a few PMs)
Crickelwood comprehensive? Impressive....;)