VietnamNet: "British Destroyer Docks In Da Nang Port"

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Dec 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "On the morning of December 18, the heavyweight destroyer HMS Daring of the British Royal Navy docked the Tien Sa Port in Da Nang City, starting a 4-day visit to Vietnam on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of Vietnam-UK diplomatic relations."

British destroyer docks in Da Nang Port - News VietNamNet

2. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Quite a trip this ship is having - almost like old times.

3. Building up a fair old selection of ' runs ashore'.

4. Great run ashore, was there in 2000 during NTG2000 deployment :)

5. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Ha. It would seem that. I know one or two on there who were dripping like ****ed fridges because they were going on a nine month deployment around the world. Yep. I know. Don't have a go at me. If they wheeled round and suddenly said 'Levers, our <insert name> is currently gapped. Would you mind re-joining and filling in?' it would take the amount of time for my mouth to form the words, '****ing mooch' to reply, as long as I could re-leave the pile of shit navy o/c return.

One of their senior rates ... heard draining down all over me two days before the ship deployed ... is back already, leaving a gapped billet.

The Royal Navy. Life without matelots.

levers

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gee, no Royal Navy deployment, people complain. Long Royal Navy Deployment, people still complain. What do you want?

7. bloody hell, no wonder no one wants to be a submariner these days when you see the other half having port visits like this