Video tour around HMS Daring

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by Chicogiz, Nov 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Most impressive, make me almost want to volunteer for sea!
  2. Looks like it american style on board that ship
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Chico: American style? Please explain... :?
  4. Wow, that sure knocks the old Type 42s into touch! I almost wish I was still serving now for a chance to go to sea on her!
  5. I understand what i mean just dont know how to explain.
  6. sgtpepperband

Steve, you'd go to sea on feckin' plank of wood, if it got you closer to some blokes in uniform! 8O :wink:
  7. No he would just go with arm bands lol
  8. Hey! I'm Alan not Steve (please no Adam and Steve jokes). Anyway, they also allow our lady friends at sea now, so I'd have their company too. :thumright:
    Plus if I get stuck, I can always put on my old PO's rig and imagine...... :lol:
  9. sgtpepperband

Sorry; typo - or Freudian slip! Think I saw a post by Thingy and got confused... should've recognised my Scabulous partner, shouldn't I?! :oops: :wink:
  10. just slightly better than a leander!?!??!?!?!?!
  11. lol i know rikki, just left us, hope he takes some of that Cumberland luck to her.
  12. I served with the Phot who made that video Mark Hipkin

It's defo to me more a cruise liner than a warship in my opinion.
  13. Has a tour of Astute been done yet,and when will we see it?
  14. Interesting BVT commercial video with good internal and external views of HMS Daring in action during her recent contractor's sea trials now available on the RN website here. Sexy music too!
  15. The future of the RN depends on it, and other new builds. Maybe a carrier will appear before the T45 is life expired
  16. Can't be a Yank ship; it has a bar and he expects to be using it! Still, a well made video and an interesting indication of the way things are heading (at least for the things which are actually being procured!).
  17. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

:hal Chico time :help:
  18. This is pretty good PR! I worked on the T45 programme for some years. It is a superb platform and the overall impression of the ship, both from the jetty and when onboard, is of how large she is. For example, the hangar door shown in the last part of the video is (I think) some 18m tall. Biggest problem will be cleaning for Captain´s Rounds!
  19. Some appear to have missed the fact that this video of Daring at sea is different from the alongside ship tour. Perhaps I should have started a new thread. According to this article in the Pompey News, Daring will enter Portsmouth for the first time as a complete ship PM Wed 28 Jan.