Vicious Circle

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Sparrowhawk01, Oct 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys,
    I am about to leave the Mob after 22 years but I injured my back in '99 and ever since I have had real issues with trying to exercise and gaining weight. I am now 20 stone and constantly suffering from lower lumbar pain. I have been through all the circus of doctors and pain clinics and now I am left with taking pain killers for the rest of my life and told to lose weight to ease the back problems.
    So the vicious circle is I need to exercise to lose weight but I can't exercise because of the back pain.
    Does any one have any ideas on losing weight with low impact? :?:

And please don't tell me to eat less as I have been dieting for 10 f*cking years. :evil:
  2. How are you with swimming?
  3. What does your "Diet" consist of?
  4. As mentioned more than likely the key to losing weight will be in your diet and your exercise/lifestyle.
  5. About 4 years ago i was 13.5 stone i lost 3.5 stone by just eating healthy i did not exercise, as back then it was something i hated doing.
  6. I am a little like you my backs gone theough injury my knees are shot the same way .i swim walk as much as i can baring in mind the pain in my knees eat well and good .i have managed to stay around 15.5 .that calculates at 2% over the body mass index for someone my age and hieght
  7. If you are any way decent in the pool then go to hydrotherapy. Good for weight loss as well as general exercise, and you will not be alone!
  8. Lyposuction?
  9. Thanks for all the positive comments guys, hydrotherapy sounds good, i will investigate.

cheers all