Vice Admiral Lord Horatio Nelson

We have done it for many years,used to have a pickle night until numbers started to fall .We had a big one last year as the 21st fell on our reunion at Scarborough

I shall, very proudly, be one of those Les.

"To the Immortal Memory"

2BM
Lets be perfectly honest about this mate, you would raise a glass to the memory of last years Christmas tree.
And I would join you.
As for Pickle night, I often wonder at the coincidence of the ships name opposed to the state of poor old Nelly when they dragged him out of the barrel upon return. Did they put any walnuts in with him?
Anyway great bloke and well deserving to be named after a square in London.

Ummmmmm, but isn't it Traf Night in the Bunrun for the orifices on October 21st and Pickle Night for the workers on or about November 4th? As that's when Pickle arrived at Falmouth.

Just sayin' like innit.

OK. I had me tot of the blessed Woods 100% and raised a toast to the Immortal memory, then I decided that since I'm in charge I'd grant meself splicers, then, having got the taste, I poured another glass, so now I'm ready to take on anybody, including multi coloured pikeys from the depths of the West Midlands who pick 'emselves a name and then keep referring to me as something of a rum fancier.

'ang on, just gonna top me glass up - - - - - - - - - - -

Had an uncle called Horatio Nelson ......., at the outbreak of WW2 he went to join the bootnecks, story goes that when he told the recruiting bods his name, they said, "this war shouldnt last long with you on our side", evidently the name was popular for many years after his death.

OK. I had me tot of the blessed Woods 100% and raised a toast to the Immortal memory, then I decided that since I'm in charge I'd grant meself splicers, then, having got the taste, I poured another glass, so now I'm ready to take on anybody, including multi coloured pikeys from the depths of the West Midlands who pick 'emselves a name and then keep referring to me as something of a rum fancier.

'ang on, just gonna top me glass up - - - - - - - - - - -

You won't shout at me if I pedantically state that it is in fact the East Midlands.
Actually I think you might........I'm outa here.:kiss:

Gentlemen, as a retired member of the Senior Service, prior to my commission I was a CPO for 8 years and I had never even heard of Pickle Nights until after I had been promoted to the wardroom. I understand that the tradition was born in 1974 in HMS NELSON Barracks. I am doing a little research into the programme for a Pickle Night Dinner on behalf of another shipmate and I was wondering if any of you could advise please.
Many thanks.

Gentlemen, as a retired member of the Senior Service, prior to my commission I was a CPO for 8 years and I had never even heard of Pickle Nights until after I had been promoted to the wardroom. I understand that the tradition was born in 1974 in HMS NELSON Barracks. I am doing a little research into the programme for a Pickle Night Dinner on behalf of another shipmate and I was wondering if any of you could advise please.
Many thanks.
There's a thread on here devoted to pickle night. Search for it.
I would post a linky, but I'm on my mobile and unable to