Vetrans ID Cards

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Topstop, Apr 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just found on "defencemamagement.com", another attempt to introduce ID Cards, or something useful?

Labour to create veterans ID card
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Labour Party have pledged to provide free ID cards for forces' leavers if re-elected to government.

The pledge was made in the party's manifesto, launched on 12 March.

"A veterans ID card will help veterans access their improved benefits and will be free to service leavers," says the manifesto. "We will continue to strengthen mental health provision in partnership with the Combat Stress charity, and roll out our Welfare Pathway to give personnel and their families better support and advice."

The manifesto also reiterates promises made during the last parliament, including pledges to cut waste within the Ministry of Defence.

"We are reforming defence procurement," states the manifesto, "making further reductions in civilian staff, and cutting lower-priority spending on headquarters costs, travel and consultancy."

2. Since when have Manifesto promises meant anything to the Oxygen Thieves who make them? More blah blah blah blah....

Don't hold your breath.....

3. I was quite happy to be an ex-serviceman until B-liar and his cronies changed it. This septic arsse creeping veterans business gives me the proverbial heebie-jeebies. Everybody and his dog is a veteran at something, but then I belong to a generation that felt more pride in belonging to the British Legion than the Foreign Legion.

2BM

I do wear my veterans' badge, but I wish they had worded it differently.

4. Hmmm... since when (my bold) ?

Surely this can't be an attempt to sway military votes ........ again! (or am I being too cynical) ?
    ;)

5. Come in handy when visiting countries that actually support veterans!!!!

Went to Sea World and saved about $100 entry fee, with my ID card.

6. A handy thing to have when visiting the States.

7. Vets D-I-Y ID Card

[​IMG]

8. I thought the idea was just to lose your current ID card before you left, so that you could get discounts whilst on holiday in the States? :)

9. Will it give me a discount on my Bishops Finger Ale at Lidl's?

10. Do you find that down the tinned fish aisle?

11. :) Have you met the wife?

12. Oh yes.

13. It might get you a finger of some sort. :lol:

14. What are these mysterious benefits.....what am I missing?