Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by mirador, May 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the few years we have had a Veterans'Minister, we have had five. How on earth did we manage before?

Moonie, Caplin, Watson, Touhig and Twigge.

Not one of them with a smidgeon/soupcon of military service or knowledge .

The Defence Departments have more civil service staff than ever (apart from wartime) with practically no troops to civil service over.

What do fellow veterans make of it? Let me assure them that the Twigge Ministerial Office costs are substantial.
  2. Surely we must have some MPs in the labour party who have served in the armed forces, even if only in the reserves. Why can't they promote one of those, at least he/she would have an inkling of what service life was like.
  3. Surely?
    I don't think so.
    The majority of today's MP's are self-serving. Few have served in the armed forces. Fewer in the Labour Party. You must be their cannon fodder.
  4. For the first time ever I believe we are getting professional politicians who have no other experiences and start straight from college/uni. The few ex servicemen around are either going or 'Call me Dave' has sacked them.
  5. There are some ex-Booties certainly such as Frank Cook. The list below may also offer help. Look up the names listed in Who's Who and it should divulge the information, unless the MP has specifically requested not to have the information included, which all entries are entitled to refuse for security reasons.

[Last updated: 25 April 2007]

Army Deaths

Far East Prisoners of War and Internees

Reserve Forces

Royal Air Force

Royal Marines

Royal Navy

Sea Cadets

War Graves & Battlefield Heritage