Veterans Week Social Weymouth

sweeney

Lantern Swinger
Comrades! :smile:

I am going to be darn in weymouth weekend of 9th & 10th June for the veterans do with CFIVA http://www.cfiva.org/cfiva/home/index.cfm

(I maybe falling in to the right of myself as I seem to be the only ABiH veteran in the UK, with no organisation and CFIVA have took me in like a stray :sad: )!

Anyhoo as they (weymouth veterans week) are having a falklands commemoration at the same time I was wondering if any of you 'orrible lot on here will be going down for it? I now its only january, but I need to get things in me dairy (mooo mooo), so if anybody wants to meet up (bearing in mind its between guzz & pompey) we could have a few scoops?

Warning, I will be there with in-laws in tow. My father in-law is from Siberia and he is a vodka machine. It could get messy! :shock:

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
For those that haven't been to the Veterans event its well worth the effort. They claim that about 2,000 Vets march each year. In addition to the March various other things are planned.

See http://www.weymouth.gov.uk/main.asp?svid=859

Any past or present Submariners planning to attend the March PM me for Dorset Branch of the Submariners Association meeting points before and after the parade. A warning to those who haven't paraded in recent years one pint is enough before the parade.

I will post any additional information that comes my way

For anyone in the area on Saturday 16th June 2007 a wreath will be laid at the Sidon Memorial at Portland Heights. For information on Sidon see

www.dorsetsubmariners.org.uk and look at the Sidon section

Details as to time of wreath laying will be made later but it is usually around 1100 hours. Very informal, just placing the wreath and a minutes silence. Retiring to the Portland Heights Hotel afterwards

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mikh Veterans Week Social & Reunions 1
PartTimePongo Veterans Week Birmingham Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Gurkha charity and Foreign Office staff support Gurkha veterans and Nepalese communities through Coronavirus crisis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Social housing to be prioritised for veterans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extra funding for service charities as veterans’ support is stepped up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New study to understand effect of COVID-19 on veterans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New £300-million contract paves the way for Veterans UK digital transformation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Veterans UK celebrates the 75th anniversary of VE Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS VE Day commemorations to change to protect veterans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus – Changes to Veterans UK Services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Addressing suicides among veterans and serving personnel MoD News 0
soleil FB: HMNB Portsmouth: Seven Sprightly WW2 Veterans Visit HMS Queen Elizabeth The Fleet 9
MoD_RSS Veterans UK launches an improved website and looks to the future MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Veterans offered second career in Defence Science MoD News 0
soleil Stoll/RBL/Poppy Factory - Veterans' Drop-In - Second Wednesday Of Every Month - London NW1 Charity 1
MoD_RSS Government delivers on promise to veterans announcing guaranteed interviews for government jobs MoD News 0
N Veterans ID Card - any use? The Quarterdeck 1
soleil Forces Network: "Navy Veterans Join Future Sailors For Training On Dartmoor" Bases / Shore Est 1
MoD_RSS Railcard for military veterans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government fulfils promise to veterans with new railcard MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New veterans ID cards rolled out to service leavers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Veterans and their dependants ‘Beer Call’ Harrogate Town AFC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Power outage affecting Veterans UK helpline MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Remembrance Day luncheon remembers service and sacrifice of Veterans in Ghana. MoD News 0
vauxhall Veterans' Gateway Casework Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS New Office for Veterans’ Affairs will ensure the UK leads the world in care for Armed Forces Veterans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Increased DWP support for veterans MoD News 0
vauxhall Veterans Gateway Casework Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Defence People and Veterans' keynote speech at DSEI 2019 MoD News 0
vauxhall Funding for Office for Veterans' Affairs Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS Government kickstarts Office for Veterans’ Affairs with £5m funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Veterans ministers meet ex-forces personnel on first joint visit MoD News 0
D Veterans UK The Quarterdeck 0
vauxhall Veterans Gateway Casework Finance & Pensions 1
vauxhall New Office for Veterans' Affairs Created Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS PM creates new Office for Veterans' Affairs to provide lifelong support to military personnel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Armed forces champion for London announced as updated Veterans’ housing report published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spotlight on veterans with new Health Education England appointment January 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: More than a third of the capital’s boroughs attend workshop on housing for Veterans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK prepares to host veterans and world leaders for unprecedented D-Day commemorations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Housing workshop for Veterans to be hosted by London VAPC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: D-Day 75: Veterans to be saluted by land, sea and air in June MoD News 0
vauxhall Veterans Gateway Feedback Finance & Pensions 0
janner March for Veterans. Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Speech: British High Commissioner addresses opening of exhibition dedicated to WWII veterans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Brokenshire announces funding boost for homeless veterans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New initiative to step up veterans' employment in the automotive sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Enhanced package of support for Gurkha veterans MoD News 0