veterans in prison

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by fylde, Jul 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I cannot quote the numbers and breakdown's of services and ranks that you require for an academic research project. However[As R.R. regulars are fed up with hearing] as a retired Prison Officer{Here goes the silly old sod again] I can officer unscientific experience. I dealt with many veterans', from a lt.Cdr. R.N. to Pvt. All services, all regiments all ranks. Offences ranged from murder to G.B.H. Armed Robbery[Using service issue fire arms] ; fraud , demanding with menace ;in short every crime in the book. Being objective ;- front line Army Regiments provided the greatest number. From a personal point of view I think that the longer and more stressful the service ; and the lower the rank;- the harder to readjust to civil life.Sorry I can't be more scientific.
  2. i agree with jesse i know at least im not going to be one of the statistics
  3. There was a long thread on this on Arrse here. Suggest you take a look there. I'd modify your approach a little as well, maybe take with one of the Mod's first - you sound like you're a journo.
  4. Why does someone purporting to be doing a serious subject use an Hotmail address. Spammers and Nigerian banking bosses with a few million to give away use Hotmail.
  5. As today’s self-appointed spelling monitor I have to say its shit grammar whoever it is, of course it could be a ploy to mislead us. :)
  6. Available from the Government Freedom of Information Act If you ask them nicely they would also let you have all the bank details of those veterans. Failing that get nicked and do your research on the inside. :roll:
  7. When I was at school, primary to be exact I was told to write "i" on its own is a capital I. I had to write it a thousand times!
  8. hackle

hackle Badgeman Moderator

We (BAFF) have an interest in this issue but I'm afraid I find the above post unconvincing.

"Due to ethical policy", right.
  9. So do thousands of others doing serious subjects. Solid.
  10. He/She must have a duff keyboard.

Not a capital letter in sight!
  11. ...yes, I would expect more of a veteran.

12. It was a spelling mistake...............Should have read Vegetarian :p
  13. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Sorry, ain't been caught yet.
  14. what's it worth not to give 'em your address, Blobbs?
  15. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

16. I'm on Pussers now me!! Hic! Watching the 'Sweeney' 1st series, laughing myself silly at Jack Regan's suede knee length car coat and Carter's sideburn's "Get your trousers on, you're nicked.' 8O
    Classic!! :wink:
  17. ..yeah and they smoke loads of tabs aswell, shock horror. :)
  18. Ah, but Regan's got it sussed, Carter always supply the fags. RHIP even in the Met! :D
  19. Why for you fcku my dog and call him kick-off when his fide is namo ?