Veterans ID card

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Well, rather than start a new thread, I used the search function, then got out my shovel and dug up this old one!!

The reason being, I was sent this today.....

Identity cards for Military Veterans - e-petitions

You might as well sign it, as, if nothing else, it will give them something to think about other than where the carriers' aircraft are coming from, or the collapsing Euro.

As an aside, I see that the RNA are now providing a superb Gucci type 'Membership' card which if used 'cough' in the Sceptics place, would no doubt encourage huge discounts! I believe.......

Waspie

War Hero
Signed SB.

I notice the originator of the petition was 'Nigel Hennel'. I had a DO by the same name. Was one of the display pilots on the Navy's Sharks. (Gazelle's).

G

guestm

Why do you need one? Veterans get the same discounts as serving personnel at forces-discounts anyway. Plus it's not like we flash our MOD90 at every check out and go home with oodles of discounted stuff.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Maybe not in this country Monty plus what harm can it do. Some ex-RN even get in the papers because they whine about not getting the QDJM, it might make them happy plus look at the benefits for walt hunters!!!!!! smiley thing.

G

guestm

Maybe not in this country Monty plus what harm can it do. Some ex-RN even get in the papers because they whine about not getting the QDJM, it might make them happy plus look at the benefits for walt hunters!!!!!! smiley thing.

Good point, I forgot about those lot.

mikh

MIA
Why do you need one? Veterans get the same discounts as serving personnel at forces-discounts anyway. Plus it's not like we flash our MOD90 at every check out and go home with oodles of discounted stuff.

The thing is monty, there are discounts out there available for serving and ex, but proving you are ex is the tricky bit, no MOD90, and I do not as a norm carry my SC about with me. I was in Florida last year, if I could have shown I was ex RN there were a number of place I would have received significant discounts, an ID card could have saved me $hundreds (especially as I bought a TAG Carrera Calibre16 and Vets (US & UK) got a 12.5% discount in the shop I bought it in)