VERY limited search / Last 50 following upgrade

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Good CO, Mar 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Last 50 will be empty then start showing from now only and search is U/S following a database hardware upgrade this morning. This will be cured during the morning as work continues, but it doesn't seem worth keeping the site offline just for that.

News as I have it.
  2. I cannot log into the last 50 "connection error"
  3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

connection to failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)
  4. Me too ...
  5. Yeah pretty annoying. I use it to see if that bell wiff is correcting my spelling.
  6. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

Actually getting on to the site proper is convoluted. Type in NavyNet - The Navy Network and you (or at least I) get a message saying the site is experiencing technical difficulties and will be back up soon, or words to that effect.

Google "navy net" however, and you can get on to the site easily by clicking "forums" or any of the other links found via the search engine.

I know last 50 is down but you can still see replies to posts you may have made by going through "Quick Links".
  7. Yep, can't log in as 'site down', or can get in but can't use last 50 -
    I get the VBulletin message - connection to failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)

Have signed out, switched PC off and on etc. Using Firefox if that helps.

8. Keep getting this

connection to failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)
    whats the buzz?
  9. Thought it was only me having snags. Obviously the CO's don't follow the maxim "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Just joking boss(es)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ditto. When clicking on 'Last 50'.

All day,

11. Spookily enough, I have found that I CAN get the last 50 by clicking on 'New Posts' - pretty weird, huh! :twisted:
  12. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

You can still find out who is posting by clicking "Quick Links" and then "Today's Posts".

Almost the same as Last 50 ;-)
  13. Get it fixed COs by 0800 or I'll run ya

Sgt P. ... Err, can I borrow your book of made up excuses to troop people with please .. you know, that well thumbed book that Regs\NP use all the time?
  14. Conduct prejudicial to good order and naval discipline...never fails.
  15. Sect 15???? God why do I remember shit like that.
  16. What's the catch-all charge these days Jimbo, and I could only log on via google as favourites not working and still can't get last 50, just "new posts".
  17. Working now - yay
  18. Yippee! Last 50 is back, TUVM whoever fixed it.