Very Confused,need a lot of help!! AIR ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by outcast, Nov 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right guys,I'm new to this forum and don't know a lot so I'd appreciate it if people didn't shoot me down if i say anything stupid lol.
    Anyway I have decided i want to join the navy as a "air engineering technician",i don't know a awful lot though and need some guidance.
    If i am lucky enough to get the chance to do the training in HMS Ralegh what should i expect? I'm not the fittest and I'm particularly worried about swimming,will i have to do much swimming in training? Many press ups,sit ups etc,

Also what is pay like? I'm only 16,17 next month. Am i paid whilst training or not until i get a job?
    Also I've applied on the internet last night,how long is the whole process from hearing back to going to train etc,

any replies appreciated8O:la:.
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

The search box is at the top right. All of your points have been covered before and if you get stuck come back and ask again.
  3. Seal clubbing spring to mind!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Have you been down to your local careers office yet? They will be able to allay your worries through the deliverance of information. If you haven't started the process yet then you have time work on your fitness if you are worried about it; they will give you a fitness booklet at the AFCO if you ask nicely :) Not sure on wait times, they will be able to give you a rough estimate, although it changes all the time. You get paid in training, pay scales are somewhere about if you have a google or a search on here. Good luck!
  5. £14,400 in basic training minus 5 quid for a hair cut and 7 quid at the Londis for a packet of fags.

As Rachel3 says go see your AFCO. They dont bite , well NS might but most dont. They really dont mind having a chat and guiding you thats their job after all.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As if.
    Have a read & watch the video: Royal Navy Rating training | Royal Navy
    Download the Pre joining Fitness Programme & have a read through the standards required upon joining and in training:
    Download Rates of Pay & have a read: Pay details | Pay benefits and learning | Royal Navy
    You are paid from day one, 365 days a year, for as long as you serve.
    Usually you'll be invited to attend an initial presentation within 4 weeks. You may take an application form if you wish. If you complete it and return it, the test is usually within the month. If you pass the test, the interview, the eyetest, the medical examination, the pre joining fitness test and gain security clearance, for AET at present from test to entry into initial training, assuming there are no delays, it's presently about 12 months or less (ish). Times can vary.
    I should think so too.

Edited for duff spolling
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  7. janner

Have you no work to do Nina?
  8. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Is that his weekend name?

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren
    • Like Like x 4
  9. janner

He usually goes under the name of Nina Stroker when He is His OTHER self
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Not at the mo', they kick me out of the AFCO at five-ish. :sad5:
    weekends, evenings, whenever I get a moment to myself. :thumbright:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Tsk, standards!! Whatever happened to SuperMario when you need him.
  12. You will be asking for a skirt to go with you uniform next, how liberal you have become?:w00t:
  13. Why is he moonlighting in the crab AFCO at weekends

14. I've never seen that before: 'Crab' and 'weekends' in the same sentence.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Sorry my mistake :)

16. Ninja_Stoker

Only if the words "don't" and "do" respectively, are included.
  17. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Incidentally, what DID happen to Supermario?????
  18. Ninja_Stoker

They closed his AFCO down, so he's sulking in another AFCO on the South Coast, I think.
  19. what goes around comes around!!!!!!!