Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Veil teacher 'should be sacked'

Stop snivelling Slim, for Gawds sake!

Just because he 's trying to use words of more than one syllable, doesn't mean he hasn't knobbed Polly Toynbee!

dt018a9667

War Hero
Leavers
I am aghast. I take my hat off to you. And I must say a good post indeed and must agree with you.

One thing to say if what I can remember of employment law (if you mislead/tell lies at interview or application time) the employer can rightly terminate your contract. So what goes on here? re the first reported interview? Re man at interview no veil or was all that some fabrication from the press.
Bet it has more to do with the human rights brigade (money making type) than anybody else.

FlagWagger said:
rosinacarley said:
FlagWagger said:
andym said:
Well she got £1100 compo for her its a result,however it was deemed she wasnt discriminated against.

Compo was for victimisation rather than religious discrimination, yet she's appealing against discrimination having been ruled out - I wonder who's paying her legal fees?

No legal aid is available for employment tribunals last I heard

Being judgmental, I doubt whether she's funding this action herself, I'm sure that there are plenty of "civil rights" type organisations that are happy to support her stand in order to further their own particular viewpoint and who will have their own source of funding. What I find annoying is that its the tax-payers of the local authority who will ultimately pay for this - what sort of costs will the council be having to find from its own budget?

I suggest that fundamentalists within her community are backing it as a test case. If they win they will, as before, seek to extend the boundaries further by further challenges. The problem is that there has been too much political appeasement. Only once has such a campaign been stood up to - by academics at London University in the 1980s, when Muslim radicals demanded that gay students were expelled from the University. Having said this, the Conservatives did not back London University - like the majority of politicians in Westminster they kept quiet. This was the first challenge of this kind mounted by Muslim radicals in this country and passed largely unnoticed elsewhere. Despite their failure, the very quiescence of Parliament emboldened them.

Appeasement does not work - it encourages and accelerates the very behaviour it seeks to accomodate. Had a decisive stance been taken in the 1980s and Britain's liberterian traditions been made clear then, we might have averted this. It is too late now. The politicians have established a precident of appeasing those religious fundamentalists who cause the most trouble and make the most noise. We have made our proverbial bed, and now we must lie in it.

come_the_day

Lantern Swinger
I'm still reminded of the Life of Brian stoning scene whenever I see anybody wearing the niqab!

There was a letter in yesterday's Mail, where a Moslem woman likened the position of Islamic people in th UK with that of Jews in Nazi Germany. I don't remember any reports of British Moslems being forcibly removed from their homes because they were Moslem, although I accept that, where the police and intelligence services have believed that a few Moslem people posed a security threat, that they have been arrested and incarcerated. We don't have any concentration camps and gassing facilities, to my knowledge.

I hope that this continues to happen, as I would that anybody posing such a threat should be arrested first, investigated and released if there were no case to answer. Any reasonable citizen would accept this situation, I am sure, knowing that in the case of there being nothing proved it would be easy to gain financial recompense.

At the end of the day, there is always the option to emigrate to a country that will support a way of life that is alien to the UK as a whole.

oldseadog

War Hero
moist or damp , i dont mind which. there both lovely .
Just thought I'd use the ex as my Avatar
Dondon,
Just thought you might like to know that her mother was even better!

Nice to keep it in the family, though.

OSD

come_the_day said:
...There was a letter in yesterday's Mail, where a Moslem woman likened the position of Islamic people in th UK with that of Jews in Nazi Germany...

As usual twisting history! So when was legislation passed forbidding Muslims to do the following things Jews were barred from doing:-

working in the civil service
owning private telephones
using public telephones
using the postal service
attending university
attending ordinary schools
serving in the armed forces
working in medicine
working in law
working in the universities

etc, etc. Hypocrite! :evil:

Read an article about the Koran and it writings -I think it was a link from one of the bbc sites. However it mentioned that the 'clerics' were still arguing about how much the women should cover herself and when !!!!!

I think that the full dress is required and its accompanied with a long head scarf to cover the hair and can be drawn across the face like a veil if required .The scarf material is usually lightweight and sometimes transparent.

The Klu Klux clan outfit is a figment of extremist interpretation. Possibly individual choice. Either way its open to questions!!

I think that woman is trying for publicity ----and of course the money!!

dt018a9667 said:
Leavers
I am aghast. I take my hat off to you. And I must say a good post indeed and must agree with you.

One thing to say if what I can remember of employment law (if you mislead/tell lies at interview or application time) the employer can rightly terminate your contract. So what goes on here? re the first reported interview? Re man at interview no veil or was all that some fabrication from the press.
Bet it has more to do with the human rights brigade (money making type) than anybody else.

As I said earlier if she attended the interview without the veil but now demands to wear it she got the job under false pretences, end of story really.

Also I don't think the human rights people will be involved, rather the funding will be from one of the islamic groups, and considering her public presentation I would suggest this is a set up job.

Peter

Her legal team still wants to pursue it, and is considering Legal Aid.
I wonder if she wears the veil when she and her advisers are plotting to grab more public funds.
I note, also, that she is supposed to have been awarded £1000 for 'feelings' ? :?

Perhaps the person told to remove her gold cross, and who has been on unpaid suspension (illegal by Working Regs I thought - Rosina :?: ) by the BA Chairman, will also be awarded a sum for damage to her feelings - somehow I doubt it !

On the subject of a veil having to be worn in the prescence of other men, I was told by friends in Saudi Arabia, that it wasn't a requirement, but a personal choice, and that if a man was to see a woman without a veil, it was considered a respect by that family.
As an extra, their veils were so sheer as to be non-existent in the area that worke - Riyadh, the main palace location of the King.

Opinion within the muslim world is actually quite divided on the veil in all it's various forms. Many women in Muslim countries actually campaign against the veil, and in Turkey it is banned as Attaturk considered it to be a form of subjugation of women.

I do think there are some who choose to wear the veil as a statement of their faith, rather than a requirement, just like the chav and his burberry cap, the football fan with his overpriced replica strip and so on.

Personally in general I don't care if it is the womans free choice to wear a veil, although in places where others are required to remove items which cover their face so should they. On the other hand I am wholly against the wearing of the veil if it is forced on the woman, as that is saying the woman is a sex object that must be hidden from all but her owner.

Peter

oldseadog

War Hero
:idea: Next Wednesday, why not just for the hell of it, wearing a long coat with a hood and balaclava, walk into a bank/supermarket/post office and, if questioned, state that your mode of dress was required by your religion? :lol:

A word of warning - Do not carry a french loaf dressed like that! :twisted:

The NEW religion must not be confused with Islam (the one that takes the peace out of the rest of us), the KKK or the Druids :oops:

It could be interesting to watch the results - especially if the religion was a new one, with a following of ..... one! :wink: :wink:

OSD

HARRY_MASKERS

Midshipman
Greenie said:
Read an article about the Koran and it writings -I think it was a link from one of the bbc sites. However it mentioned that the 'clerics' were still arguing about how much the women should cover herself and when !!!!!

Tried to read the Koran left in the hotel (Malaysia hotels have them in all the rooms, Bible style).

Couldn't read the bloody thing 'cos it was full of squiggles and dots!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil Navy News: "Veil lifted on Sea Kings' Afghan role" The Fleet Air Arm 8
brazenhussy Should the "veil" be banned The Quarterdeck 19
slim This should draw a line under the veil Current Affairs 25
H The Veil of Shame History 3
MoD_RSS £8m programme to boost pupil and teacher wellbeing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New teacher training inspections to focus on the ITE curriculum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofsted consults on changes to inspection framework for teacher training MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Effective mentoring and a well-paced curriculum are key to high quality initial teacher education MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMCI commentary: the initial teacher education curriculum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Working as a part-time teacher after a career change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Teacher workload cut by five hours a week over past three years MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Teacher Recruitment Bulletin MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New teacher recruitment service set to save schools millions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New national strategy unveiled to boost teacher numbers MoD News 0
Simon - Quest Magazine Charterhouse - CCF Contingent Commander & Teacher of History The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Teacher (Engineering) - Gateshead - £25,657 - £31,574 + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
tiddlyoggy Paedo teacher Current Affairs 51
Blackrat Teacher Shagging Diamond Lil's 29
The_Caretaker Teacher Miscellaneous 0
A Sunday School Teacher Miscellaneous 0
wet_blobby Being a teacher....how does that work then? Diamond Lil's 11
T PE teacher poses in Thong The Gash Barge 8
D Navy Teacher Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 1
Capn_Pugwash TEACHER GETS HER JOB BACK Current Affairs 8
D Teacher released! Current Affairs 24
F Did you have a mad teacher/tutor let us know. The Gash Barge 10
slim Blair's second son to be a teacher in tough inner-city schoo Diamond Lil's 10
brazenhussy British teacher found dead in a bath of sand near Tokyo Current Affairs 1
slim SACKED TEACHER LAUNCHES BID TO SAVE HIS CAREER Current Affairs 7
MoD_RSS Normalisation should help deliver Israeli-Palestinian peace MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Daesh Accountability should be a truly international effort MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Giving students advance notice of exam topics for summer 2021 should be handled with care MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Puppy lovers should paws for thought to avoid being ‘Petfished’ this Christmas, warns Chief Veterinary Officer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Guidance to parents and guardians: when you should book a coronavirus test for your child MoD News 0
G Should I tell my AFCO? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
K Passed medical, what is next and how long should I expect before intake? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS How should competition policy react to coronavirus? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 8 things you should know about your student loan MoD News 0
C Should I inform my afco about going to doctors? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
M Should I join the Reserves or Regular? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS General public should not have to pay for 101 non-emergency calls from tomorrow MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Should an oral hearing be impacted by the coronavirus? MoD News 0
J Joining as a chef, should I join the RFA or the RN? RFA 11
J Should I join the RN or RFA as a chef. Joining the Royal Navy 6
MoD_RSS Housing Secretary: beautiful homes should become 'norm' MoD News 0
P How long before should you prepare for the PJFT? Joining the Royal Navy 20
MoD_RSS Charity can and should lead the way in taking people’s expectations seriously MoD News 0
slim Anyone should be allowed to 'identify' as black regardless of the colour of their skin or background, say university leaders Current Affairs 16
slim Should ID be required when Voting? Current Affairs 36
D Should I wait until PRNC? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2