Vegetarian

sealdog

I've recently passed my fitness test and i'm currently waiting on an entry date and for the past week i've cut meat out of my diet and plan on carrying it on, is a vegetarian diet an option in the royal navy and do i need to let my afco know?

thanks

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I've recently passed my fitness test and i'm currently waiting on an entry date and for the past week i've cut meat out of my diet and plan on carrying it on, is a vegetarian diet an option in the royal navy and do i need to let my afco know?

thanks
All you've got to do is tell your instructor during training and if you make it into the fleet, just tell the Caterer.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The AFCO don't need to know your preferred diet and a vegetarian diet is entirely feasible.

The only thing I would say is that Royal Marines recruits often find it difficult to shovel enough calories into their gut when undergoing the Commando phase of training. For vegans & veggies, this can be even more of an issue due to the calorie burn as the tempo steps up but for RN recruits, this scenario is unlikely to be as much of an issue.

slim

War Hero
T-Bone steak makes a great veggie dish, must be a veggie dish cos the animal feeds on grass!:D
Veggie lamb and Rabbit stew are also good optionso_O

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
For the OP, if you get peckish at sea, the plums and prunes are in the wardroom, the cabbages in the jr's mess and all the nuts accumulate in the SR's mess ;)

Latest Threads