Vegan marines?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Peter_G, Jul 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has there ever been one? Would it be practical?
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

No, what would he wear on his feet?
  3. If he didn't care about leather, basically just vegan about what goes past his lips.
  4. May have a problem with compo?
  5. compo?
  6. He's not quite as fascist as a vegan, then. Just a very enthusiastic vegetarian.
  7. I don't want to be `that guy`, I was just wondering, could it be possible then for a vegetarian?
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You'll be delighted to hear that there are vegetarian, kosher, halal & carnivorous versions of rat packs however, there is absolutely no guarantee that you can realistically expect to be fed on exclusive dietry needs or expectations.

If you look at the amount of Calories a RM recruit burns on Recruit Training, you are going to be extremely hard pushed to maintain the balance on a vegan diet - something's got to give.

There are ethical considerations that you will have to confront- How do you feel as a vegan killing bunny floppits, gutting & cutting them up for example?
  9. I'd do what I had to to survive. Anyways, thanks again for the info.
  10. Nah mate it would'nt be pratical. Even if there was Vegan compo the QM would never get it out to you, You would get a big fat f off. You can't be fussy in the Corps mate and the majority of your diet throughout will be pretty poor believe me.
  11. I don't know why you assume that vegans are pussys, but whatever.
  12. Ahh, I missread fussy as pussy, sorry :eek:
  13. Hahaha you thought i i said Vegans were PUSSIES!!

Reading Biff!
  14. Bunnies are tasty even if you don't need to survive.

Royal Bunny Stew

1) Take one LIVE, cute looking bunny
    2) Ask Royal to break its neck
    3) Skin and gut it
    4) Place in large pot with red wine and freshly chopped wild leeks
    5) Place over hot fire
    6) Sleep
    7) When you open the pot a charred rabbit will be stuck to the bottom of the pan with charred leeks. Eat.

Carbonised rabbit is no different from carbonised leeks. So you can eat it without a guilty conscience!
  15. Eatings cheating. Neck the red wine and throw the skinned Rabbit in a bush for the crows. Fecking minging meat anyway. Gab a tin of beans later.
  16. Also, what should I do for the next few months before I can apply?
  17. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

You can't quantify like that, its either Vegan or Veggie, miles apart
  18. Veg-eggie :p
  19. Keep up, Janner!