vBulletin browser compatability

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Ninja_Stoker, Dec 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

One thing I've noticed on this site but not on others, is that when using a mobile device, if you prefer to use a classic view (because the navigation in tapatalk is crap), the page refuses to load properly, making it impossible to post.

I first noticed this when using a Nokia phone with Symbian and now it happens sporadically when using a Kindle Fire with the God-awful "Silk" browser.

Is this a vBulletin flaw in that it will not operate with mobile devices unless using crapatalk, or does the vBulletin site software have known bugs with some software operating systems?
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It works ok on my iPhone and iPad. I have to use it when the app won't let me open links or it hides half of the contents of some posts so they make absolutely no sense.

Oh hang on, that could just be because it's RR and very little makes sense normally.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren
  3. wal

wal Badgeman

What are they talking about. Put another sprayer on stokes.
  4. Ninja_Stoker

NFW Wal, NFW.
  5. When I use my Samsung Tab in mobile it seems to work OK, but I can't quote or haven't figured out how to!
  6. Ninja_Stoker

It's driving me nuts - I have to refresh the page about a dozen times when using a Kindle to get the text box to load properly. I'm fairly sure it's a vBulletin software bug.
  7. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

I've used the 'translate' button but it still makes no sense to me...'Puzzled of Guzz'.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Just sussed it... tap the post you wish to quote then look at top of screen. You should have a light blue line. Select 3rd icon from the right and it should then create reply with quote in it... well that just worked for me anyway.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app