Vaping

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by BillyNoMates, Sep 25, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ....and no - it's not a spelling mistake.
    Gash Barge subject (save the Mods a job).
    Who vapes then? I've recently made the irrational decision to give up nicotine and have
    taken to vaping like a gibbon to water. It's not fun after almost a lifetime of tabbing like
    a good 'un.
    Anyhow, I'm now the proud owner of an Endura T-18:-

[​IMG]

Been sucking on it for almost a month and by f*ck - do I miss the fags. Quitting is difficult,
    but this smokers dildo seems to be doing the trick.

Anyone else vaping their tits off....but still desperate for a crafty one behind the bike sheds?

BillyNoSmoking

• Like Like x 1
  2. You can't fool me Obi-Wan-No mates. That's your new light sabre isn't it?
    May The Farce be with you...

3. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

In my humble opinion, watching a grown man sucking on these pathetic things and exhaling huge clouds of vapour, is one of the most cringing things I have ever seen. If you want to stop smoking wtf has sucking on this 'dummy' got to do with anything. It's going from one addiction to another, and looks so stupid!
    Only my opinion of course, other opinions are available!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Tried them Bill and it is like puffing on Silk Cut extra light , no chest cutting action going on so I binned it.

5. Well, exorcising my grammir a bit, I got this:

vapid
    ˈvapɪd/
    adjective
    adjective: vapid
    1. offering nothing that is stimulating or challenging; bland.
      "tuneful but vapid musical comedies"
      synonyms: insipid, uninspired, colourless, uninteresting, feeble, flat, dead, dull, boring, tedious, tired, unexciting, uninspiring, unimaginative, lifeless, zestless, spiritless, sterile, anaemic, tame, bloodless, jejune, vacuous, bland, stale, trite, pallid, wishy-washy, watery, tasteless, milk-and-water, flavourless
      "tuneful but vapid musical comedies"
      antonyms: lively, colourful, exciting
    Says it all really!

6. [​IMG]

It's hard to quit. Just found a photo my dad took of me many, many years ago.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. At my last unit we had a big angry jock we called Frankie, he just would not put his vape down. It used to seriously piss me off when a 10 min job would take 2 if not 3 times as long as he was constantly puffing away on the thing. But then again he was horrendous with it- huge upgraded battery, extra large tanks for his fluids, new coils every week. Plus he smoked on top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Bollocks to it. I'm getting me some snouts from the petrol station in the morning.

I'll purchase a vaping machine the size of a Dyson vacuum cleaner this weekend and try quitting again.

9. Billy just man up and go cold Turkey, I used to put 100 a day in my mouth and light up at sea, I just went cold turkey in 2004. The initial will power took me past the first 6 months, after that
    I still fancied one now and again for possibly up to 2 years, until I had no interest in lighting up, but when you quit have plenty of diversion tactics, which do not including eating. My bro-in-law is a GP, and says even if you do not change your eating habits the weight may come on as smoking suppressors the digestive system, so come on down little Sumo?:(

10. These things are like One Direction. Only acceptable for teenage girls.

Big bloody clouds of mist coming out of your gob after sucking on a mint coloured plastic stick, that needs cherry flavoured juice putting in it every three minutes. Honestly.

11. I blame the RN for allowing me to have a million fags a month the minute I
    bimbled through the Main Gate at Raleigh.

Giving up vaping and going to have a go at chewing tobacco.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(Can't beat passive spitting)

12. Have you ever seen those things they use in Norway? Best described as nappies, attached to the inside of their lips filled with 'baccy? Sure, it looks like you have a tea-bag stuffed in your lips, and it definitely will burn a hole through your face whilst delivering a large tumour to your face, but I'm sure its better than smoking.

And Norwegian girls are DIVS and they do it, so, you know....its got to be cool.

13. I have not had a ciggy for 8 years now , I did it threw will power ,I did not give up smoking just buying them and cadge'in them from my mates for about the first 6 months I used to enjoy passive smoking , I still fancy one now after 8 years, good luck with the quitting

14. I QUIT! No matter how daft I look, chewing on my electric torpedo - it helps. I've not had a real tab since the end of August and I already feel like I COULD CHAIN SMOKE 200 CAPSTAN FULL STRENGTH.......sorry, went off on one then. The next two night shifts will be interesting. If I can pass through them I think I'm in with a chance of living a bit longer.

Don't give a smeg if some of you think that vapings for girls - I shall vape for as long as necessary and I'm currently looking for a rare flavour of "vaping-juice" Essence of submariners steaming boot enhanced with 3 month old underpants gusset."

I don't do cherry or menthol or bubble gum or any of those poncy flavours. I want my breath to chuck up something rotten.

You'll be able to smell my breath in the posts I make on this thread.

Luv'n'Hugs,

Billy

15. Never even tried smoking, however for my first few years in the mob I was a declared smoker, kept my grandad topped up with blue-liners.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Blue liners. The International currency of everything.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  17. Billy I went from a fairly heavy smoker cold turkey, Mrs Sumo on a bad day would smoke 10 cigs, she had hell quiting, all the patches were too strong, and she had major cravings, so if you intend to stop, do it how best suits you, even if you do look like a dick, it's only till you stop:)

18. Still got some tickler tins in the garage, full of odds 'n' sods, nuts 'n' bolts etc

19. I did it cold turkey around 20 years ago now. Best way for me but can only speak for myself. Only thing I would add that to stop smoking cold turkey you have really WANT to stop. Without that determination and desire, you are doomed to failure. Wake up one morning, destroy any ciggies left in the pack..and DO IT!

20. http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vampire-vape-e-liquid/heisenberg-e-liquid-by-vampire-vape.html