Vaccinations at Raleigh

Rum_pot

Midshipman
I am worried about the vaccinations that i will get at Raleigh as in the past I have fainted after getting them done. I was wondering if I will be medically discharged if I faint when I get these done.

You should be fine, just make sure you eat before and don't think about it too much. I highly doubt you'd get discharged for fainting once at vaccinations but if I'm wrong someone please correct me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rum_pot

Midshipman
Thanks for the reply I hope that is the case I will be very annoyed if i get discharged for it. It's strange I never am nervous about them I just collapse like 50% of the time and there seems to be no real reason I would be having a nice chat with the nures or would have just left and then would just faint it's so annoying.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
You should be fine, just make sure you eat before and don't think about it too much. I highly doubt you'd get discharged for fainting once at vaccinations but if I'm wrong someone please correct me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
However well meaning, it's best not give advice unless you are qualified to do so.

LateToTheParty

Lantern Swinger
Had a lad in our class that passed out during vaccinations, just tell the nurse that you’re a risk and they’ll do it on the bed rather than the chair

Hence the correct me if I'm wrong, besides have you not heard of Cunningham's Law?
Schoolday - Not until you brought it up...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ward_Cunningham

<<...According to Steven McGeady, Cunningham advised him in the early 1980s,
"The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer."
McGeady dubbed this Cunningham's law. Although originally referring to interactions on Usenet, the law has been used to describe how other online communities work, such as Wikipedia.

Cunningham himself denies ownership of the law, calling it a "misquote that disproves itself by propagating through the internet"...>>

Wikid, eh?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Hmmn, Cunningham's Law has but a simple flaw: How the fcuk does the individual know which answer is correct?

I know the correct answer but am intrigued to see if it becomes apparent.

Rum_pot

Midshipman
Hmmn, Cunningham's Law has but a simple flaw: How the fcuk does the individual know which answer is correct?

I know the correct answer but am intrigued to see if it becomes apparent.
You give a answer that is really wrong that It couldn't be right that's my guess

I joined up in a class of 29 Wafu's and 1 medic, guess who was the only one to pass out during vaccinations/blood letting?* :)

*it wasn't me or the other 28 air gods :)

Taztiff

War Hero
I didn't pass out due to the needle even though I absolutely hate the things.

I collapsed 3 hours later whilst in class, woke up 24 hours later in sickbay.
Turns out I am allergic to the Tetanus vaccine.
Sickbay response - 'We will try the 2nd of the 3 in the course and see what happens'. Another overnighter in sickbay - thats what happens!!
Didn't have the 3rd.

When reporting in to mom - 'oh, yes. Forgot to tell you that!'

F35lightningsb

Midshipman
3 People fainted in my class during injections, as long as they can inject you you'll be fine, its if they cant that you get the boot

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Joining the Royal Navy 8
U RFA 4
C Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6