USS Princess Diana - Marvellous

Chalky said:
http://www.subsim.com/news/BBC%20NEWS%20%20US%20DoD%20defends%20submarine%20named%20USS%20Princess%20Diana.htm

No idea if anyone has picked up on this, but I for one am thrilled.

Now I have a brand-new, always handy, trump-card of a Yank Basher to wheel out at every opportunity.
Amazing. I thought it was a joke when I read it. Whatever next? Perhaps we need a skimmer called USS Camilla, then we could have a headline in the future: Princess Diana sinks Camilla :lol:

Talk about an unlucky boat. Who will have the balls to serve on a boat that is named after a mentaly unstable bird with a fodness for extra marital affairs with arabs :oops:
All she did was embarrass the royals.
The americans say it is a tribute, sounds more like a dig to me but then there is always the possibility that the yanks are naive???????????

Mind you, I worked on a ship last year called "calamity jane" superstitious sailors need not apply...

Skunkmiester

Lantern Swinger
ooopppssss Diana's going down again in the Gulf, oh and now in the Med, and no in the Pacific. Ohhhh she's full of Se'a'men again......

The chortles are endless.

Wonder if Prince Charles will be invited to board Princess Diana and get inside her one last time.....they may even ask if he wants to go down on her again....mind you he'lll be used to it, going down on something that has had a stack of other blokes going down on previousley.

I take it that Princess Diana will be dry? Only if she was British would she be wet.

Ithankyou............ tip your waitress on the way out.

GCYZ

Lantern Swinger
Someone has got a major bite. Look at the date of the article, also look at the web address.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Seaweed USS JOHN S MCCAIN COLLISION Current Affairs 53
SONAR-BENDER USS Fitzgerald collision June17th Current Affairs 21
MoD_RSS News story: USS Theodore Roosevelt calls into Portsmouth MoD News 0
A The USS Barb History 0
soleil Lockheed Martin: "British Pilot & Maintainer Test F-35B On USS Wasp" The Fleet Air Arm 10
trelawney126 USS Freedom based in Changi Naval Base International 4
Seaweed Telegraoh - USS John C Stennis Current Affairs 3
trelawney126 USS Porter hones her Navigational & DC skills International 5
scouse USS Carl Vinson hands to Basketball Stations The Fleet Air Arm 6
brigham600 USS George W Bush Current Affairs 8
soleil Twenty Years Ago Today: HMS Gloucester Shoots Down Missiles Aimed At USS Missouri The Fleet 9
scouse BBC Reporter onboard USS George Washington The Fleet Air Arm 3
scouse FLY Navy USS George Washington The Fleet Air Arm 6
BillyNoMates USS San Francisco (SSN-711) Submariners 0
soleil Constable's Dues Ceremony at the Tower: USS Halyburton History 0
BillyNoMates USS Annapolis in the Arctic Ice. Submariners 8
BillyNoMates Website of USS Casimir Pulaski. Submariners 1
Pete_N Big Thanks to the Crew of USS Theodore Roosevelt Current Affairs 10
Naval_Gazer USS Theodore Roosevelt to visit Pompey from tomorrow Current Affairs 37
BillyNoMates USS NAUTILUS History 5
B Carrier (USS Nimitz) National Geographic Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 10
D USS New Hampshire - early and under budget Current Affairs 10
Ships_Cat Carrier: Life aboard USS Nimitz Diamond Lil's 3
shellbackmac The ordeal of the USS Franklin History 3
M USS PORTER visits Mombasa The Fleet 6
5dits Indian navy may buy ex USS Kitty Hawk Current Affairs 5
skyvet USS New York The Fleet 10
Bergen Fortieth Anniversary Of The Attack On The USS Liberty Current Affairs 17
S USS Elrod The Fleet 0
Tartan_Terrier USS Indianapolis History 12
MoD_RSS British passengers from Grand Princess on US flight to the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Office statement on the Grand Princess cruise ship MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Diamond Princess evacuation flight lands in the UK: Foreign Secretary statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Diamond Princess: Foreign Secretary statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO statement on British nationals on the Diamond Princess MoD News 0
soleil Sun: "Prince Philip Wants Princess Anne To Head Up The Royal Marines Once Harry Quits" The Corps 44
MoD_RSS Press release: HRH The Princess Royal officially opens new UKHO headquarters in Taunton MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal names new jetty for Navy’s giant aircraft... MoD News 0
T Happy April Fools: Government orders a third carrier, HMS Princess Diana Nautical Jokes 0
MoD_RSS Princess Royal attends naval cadets' passing out parade MoD News 1
Naval_Gazer RR member receives accolade from Princess Royal The Fleet 15
MoD_RSS Princess Royal visits Olympics Maritime Security Force Dorset Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Princess Anne visits Fareham for Freedom March by HMS Collingwood Current Affairs 0
soleil Daily Echo: "Princess Royal Watches HMS Collingwood Personnel March Through Fareham" Bases / Shore Est 0
MoD_RSS Princess presents bravery award to Navy helicopter crew Current Affairs 0
SARKING HMS Island Princess History 19
soleil Pompey News: Princess to Star at Navy Conference in Dockyard Bases / Shore Est 1
soleil Pompey News: "Princess Royal won't waste a minute of visit" Bases / Shore Est 3
LujonSA Princess Di - all over again Current Affairs 10
soleil HRH The Princess Royal presents medals at HMS Collingwood Bases / Shore Est 2