USN Doctor Prescribes "Monster Energy Drink to Cure Scurvy!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by sgtpepperband, Apr 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

DuffleBlog: "Shore Sailor Stricken By US Navy’s First Case of Scurvy In 150 Years"

:shock:

2. “Vegetables ******* suck so I don’t eat them. I thought I was drinking enough coffee to make up for it.”

What a Dick!

3. Another reason why as a nation I ******* despise them. Shit,maybe I'm a Muzzie too? Monty I get it now.

4. wal

wal Badgeman

Additionally, since doctors speculate that Jurgensen would have avoided the disease had he drank even one rum- or tequila-based drink with lime in it, the Navy has started a $38 million advertising campaign encouraging sailors to drink more tropical alcoholic mixed drinks.

Sound advise.

“We just want sailors to make healthier choices when they go out drinking, like choosing a margarita over a vodka tonic,” Gutierrez explained, “or a Corona with a lime in it instead of a Sam Adams.”

A good argument to resume the rum issue,with lime.

5. To my shame I have to say that when the Broadsword went into refit at the end of 87, a load of WEs moved RA and some of them started to suffer similarly. One WE tiff Ba** P*** started to look VERY unhealthy. It soon transpired that he was living on chips and alcohol (saved by only buying\eating potatoes) ...