Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USMC Stinger .30-06 Machine Gun

Gutaway

Midshipman
Always thought the MG3 was a badass, This ones ROF is around 1,200/1,400RPM!!!!!!

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Jesus gutterbollix, you are a sad individual..this weapon is 1930s vintage at least. It's the .30 cal Browning MG, feck off back to ARRSE
NZB

Stripey_G

War Hero
Am not that gen'd up on weapons, don't give a Matelot a gun!! But if it spits lead at a great rate of knots, does it have to be that accurate?? :?

NZ_Bootneck said:
The Bren Gun too accurate for its own good. Discuss :lol:
NZB

feckin thing had a horrid tendancy to drag you forward when firing...out of cover :cry:

anyway, I much prefer my ace cobra catapult :D

Oil_Slick

War Hero
NZ_Bootneck said:
NZB

Indeed it was, my old man used to use said 'problem' to annoy sandal and tea towel wearing people… :wink:

nutty_bag

War Hero
wet_blobby said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
NZB

feckin thing had a horrid tendancy to drag you forward when firing...out of cover :cry:

Using the L4 mags on the SLR as a 30 round option wasn't always a good idea either as they tended to fall off on section attacks reminiscent of the SA80A1 :roll: :roll:

Cutaway

Midshipman
Wow ! What a unique thread !

This is weird - if you click here you'll see 'someone completely different' talking about this.

Strangely one of your virtual friends thinks that this would make an original thread.

But to make the coincidence really spooky the poser, sorry, poster here and here has an oddly familiar name.

This must be the Twilight Zone !

polariod

Lantern Swinger
Cutaway said:
Wow ! What a unique thread !

This is weird - if you click here you'll see 'someone completely different' talking about this.

Strangely one of your virtual friends thinks that this would make an original thread.

But to make the coincidence really spooky the poser, sorry, poster here and here has an oddly familiar name.

This must be the Twilight Zone !

I noticed he was a Banned Member of one of those sites Cuts. Wonder why?? :wink: :eek: :eek:

Pol

steady on who you accuse of having virtual friends mate...the poster is a nob and we're humouring the little fcukwit...I just wish I knew how to make this puter thingy work and I'd show him a piccy of my top of the range water pistol...its ace. :lol:

Bergen

ADC
nutty_bag said:
wet_blobby said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
NZB

Using the L4 mags on the SLR as a 30 round option wasn't always a good idea either as they tended to fall off on section attacks reminiscent of the SA80A1 :roll: :roll:

They were also very prone to mis-feeds because they were designed to feed the chamber vertically down and not vertically up. Not that that stopped Percy using them on SLR's :roll:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil USMC Website: "EWS Students Gain Insight From Falklands War Commanders" History 0
G 40cdo wearing usmc threads instead of cs95? The Corps 10
C USMC supporting the RM? The Corps 2
Nails Could I join the USMC? The Corps 19
angry_mac Redacted.....USMC beware The Corps 1
Naval_Gazer Ark Royal embarks USMC for JTFX 08 The Fleet Air Arm 13
L Operation Hastings USMC 1966 July Vietnam The Corps 9
Jarhead A credit to the USMC and Britain... The Corps 22
P USMC Officer Candidate seeks help from Royal Marines The Corps 8
HarryBosch 41 Cdo RM and USMC at Chosin and elsewhere The Corps 11
slim USMC name change Diamond Lil's 51
T USMC marpat MOPP gear The Corps 1
Chronic-Malcontent Happy Birthday USMC.. The Corps 5
andym RIP Jake Cohen USMC(Jewishscotsman) The Gash Barge 25
AccessHeritage Royal Navy's Use of The Infernal Machine History 19
MoD_RSS Whirlpool washing machine recall update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Work begins on second emptying machine at Sellafield waste silo MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Whirlpool to issue washing machine recall following intervention by regulator MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Wirral chocolate machine maker beats European competitors to £193k Philippines contract MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Export milestone for espresso machine manufacturer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: AI and machine learning companies named for DIT USA trade mission MoD News 0
Sgt Jobsearch Machine Operator / Team Leader - Kent - £25,604.80 - £27,081.60 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Mobile Coffee Machine Engineer - North Yorkshire - £21,000 - £25,000 + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
sgtpepperband The Poke: "Inside Prince Harry's Apache Death Machine" Diamond Lil's 0
BillyNoMates Women that need a good seeing to (if you had a time machine). Diamond Lil's 63
R Running Machine speeds? Health & Fitness 16
trelawney126 Marriage on the Quick. Divorce Machine Follows Diamond Lil's 0
sgtpepperband Ultimate Dog Fetch Machine The Internet - Best and Worst 3
L Women vs: the washing machine.. Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Fortune Telling Machine Miscellaneous 0
S Carse Machine Miscellaneous 1
2_deck_dash H4H Auction. Time Machine! Can also be used to remove hair. Charity 32
D A Queensland School Answer machine message Diamond Lil's 15
scouse Check La Machine out in Liverpool Current Affairs 33
A Obituary Cdr Alec Dennis, captured Enigma machine and codes Current Affairs 4
S Red and Green Life Machine The Corps 5
W Cog in the machine... Diamond Lil's 3
Gutaway Nordenfelt Machine Guns History 2
Shakey Infant put through X-ray machine? The Quarterdeck 1
A Machine-gun the prisoners... Current Affairs 8