User names

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Stirling, Nov 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There are some wierd and wonderfull U.Names on hear, I would love to know the origins of Clown_ Puncher for instance.

My original account name of Stirling, I have had since the age of 16 when I joined my first ship the Forth, juniors mess port side, spare crew ( scary ) stbd, coming down the accom ladder first day on board a Brian Blessed lookalike with beard and voice to match is waiting at the bottom of ladder

'ARGH fresh meat, wots yor name ?'

'Surname ?'

' So first name is Stirling then ?

'No, it's Richard'

'From now on you are Stirling'

'Thank you' ..........scuttles off to hide in case nasty man with big beard wants to talk some more. :)

2. Fluffy = Nurse
    Psycho-Fluffy = Psychiatric Nurse

To quote the famous Russian, "Simples"

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

There's a thread on this topic somewhere, mind you most of the people who have joined since it dropped of the front screen a good while ago wouldn't of seen it.

My name, well, it's because I'm an astronaut....simples.
  4. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Taken from the TRF of the 4th Armoured Brigade (Desert Rats), 1st Armoured Division, with whom i served.

Not a fucking traffic rozzer thank you very much.
  5. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Then he is a legend Jimbo. :thumbleft:
  6. Ballistic

Describing the trajectory of an unguided projectile.

Some have said "misguided" 8O
  7. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I joined a chat site (mic required, and was given a hard time, because of my poor choice of nic. Being a site full of yanks who counld'nt work out if I was English, Scottish, Irish or Australian, I needed a new nic. I passed a crossroads regularly, and one day stopped at the lights noticed something I had missed for years. The home owners had gave there house a name. Its still called it, and I bet one of two on here have passed it.
  8. Pussers_Blue.

Strong detergent we used back in the 8o's, Put it down neat in a flat and you'd near end up on the deck below, it was that strong.

Used to put it down neat and clean the u/deck in the tropics with it.

With that on the paintwork, limers and salt-water for the wooden decks and my chokey sandals, I reckon I got my athletes foot problems from them there days.
  9. Clown_Puncher

Punching the clown is a euphamism for wanking, I do that a lot. So I am a clown puncher (wanker)

That and I fcuking hate clowns.
  10. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

I'm a PWO(A) so "Guns". Simples
  11. Perhaps I need to change my user name

Bishop Basher or Chicken Choker spring to mind :lol:
  12. Barney was my nickname in the mob from my surname,rn because I was rn and sm because I was a submariner! Very original not!!LOL
  13. Noy very original but WreckerL 'cos I was one for the last 12 years I was in.
  14. I served in the Aurora from Feb'67 until Nov'69. As I was not 20 until 1970, I was not entitled to rum. I did however have it as a Brummie in the mess did not drink it and gave it me, in exchange for B'ham papers sent by my family, who lived there at that time. His were living in Newport.

This p*ssed off the badge men who told me I was a rumrat. Wow that worried me, but as I was a boxer and big, I was never stopped having it.
    Plus the two big three badge men in the grot were Brummies as well.
    B*stards wouldn't give me "Queens" though. 8O :wink:
  15. first four letters derive from my surname and they always say o fcuk when i appear hence the fifth letter :D
  16. Named after my Favourite TV Series when I was a Kid though it was spelt Catweazle. I spell mine Different mainly because when I Joined RR I couldn't remember how it should have been spelt.

For those you old enough to remember see Here
  17. sky - 'cos I used to drive one of those metal birds
    vet - 'cos I was once a paramedic for 5 years, and vet = medic

all adds up to skyvet
  18. I joined the guys across the road a few years ago. I chose 'Legs' because I have a pair of them, and the name was slightly androgynous. The Avatar was just because I like them, and it's the same one I've used since I joined over the road.

Legs_yes_that_Legs is because someone already had 'Legs' over here. Some folk here might (will) recognise me and so I wanted to avoid any confusion!

As someone who is not a Meerkat says 'simple'. Bit like me.
  19. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Joined the old Brocklesby at Portland as a Junior Sparker, found the mess and asked my first question, a voice rang out with "Its another fecking Janner." and there twas.
  20. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

No, I am not a Sergeant. I am only partial to a bit of pepper on my cheesy wam-bam. And no, I do not play any musical instruments.

Beatles fan. 'Nuff said... :thumbleft: