Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Useless garden tools

slim

War Hero
You are suppossed to blow them into next doors garden, then they can pick em up for you :w00t:

I think they are supposed to use them to blow leaves into a pile and then bag, Though I suspect a garden vacum would be better fit for purpose

Today HMRC the contractors arrived and cut the grass, trimmed hedges and then eight of them walked around the grounds / car parks with leaf blowers and blew them all onto the cut grass, filed the £3k bill and left at 14:00
At 18:00 the wind had blown all the debris back onto the grounds where a new team will arrive tomorrow to pick up debris for a further £1k

??????????????

The mind boggles and worries at this expense as it is you and I that are paying for it

Jack McH

Ships_Cat

War Hero
Jack_McHammocklashing said:
I think they are supposed to use them to blow leaves into a pile and then bag, Though I suspect a garden vacum would be better fit for purpose
Jack McH

I have one that sucks and blows....

It does chop up the leaves (mulch) so you can get more in a bag, but I suspect the time I would waste emptying the bag into a gashbag could be spent raking the buggers and dropping them right in a bag in the first place. It is useful though for going over all the stone/pebbles, the the blower bit for shifting grass clippings into the street/next doors garden.
I do fear what would occur if it inhaled a jobbie though. Would it be better to get a white chalky one and just see the dust poofing through the cloth bag, or a wet type with the resultant spatter inside the snail housing and contamination of the bag. Might make for a poo cannon if you could get one scooped into the nozzle then catch the [email protected] who walks his dog and lets it curl one down on your lawn in the act of shivering.

I looked through some Chindogu and there are far more useless garden tools out there.....

Mine sucks and blows too, You blow the leaves (I have 20 odd trees in my back garden) into a pile then suck-em-up and place the shreddies in the compost. It's also a good way to dry your duvet too when it's been hanging on the washing line for a few hours and still feels damp. :w00t:

Topstop

War Hero
I get the wife to rake up the leaves , she does a much better job and its less tiring than a garden vac/blower. :dwarf:

OUCH !!!! shes just seen me type this and Ive just had a paffing.

BillyNoMates

War Hero

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SONAR-BENDER Definitely not Wet And F***ing Useless! The Fleet Air Arm 7
Ninja_Stoker Rum Ration - Useful or useless ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 81
daffy1 Export ban for useless 'bomb detector Current Affairs 9
Drakey Useful & Useless Christmas Presents The Quarterdeck 9
clanky Most useful optional extra, and the most useless! Motoring 16
brazenhussy The Totally Useless Infomation Thread... Diamond Lil's 47
F What is the most useless(2)..... RMR 3
F What is the most useless..... RMR 3
rosinacarley useless information Diamond Lil's 26
Welbexian_RN Para Major calls RAF "useless" Current Affairs 30
Darb Useless facts Diamond Lil's 34
MoD_RSS Q Developments win Homes England masterplanning award for planting housing on Surrey garden centre site MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Garden centres reopen in England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Beijing Expo 2019 UK Garden and Pavilion partners announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New garden community for Greater Exeter MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK Garden and Pavilion unveiled at Beijing Expo 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Garden Bridge project was a ‘failure for charity’ that risks undermining public trust MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: £3.7 million to fund 5 new garden towns across the country MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Cash boost to help build 200,000 homes in new garden towns MoD News 0
Stirlin New Garden Villages. The Quarterdeck 16
MoD_RSS News story: Garden of Remembrance officially opens at former RAF Lyneham Base MoD News 0
Stirlin Ian Rankin.....The Hanging garden. The Book Club 0
Passed-over_Loggie Sea Harrier or Garden Gnome? The Fleet Air Arm 3
P Moving Garden Shed Hobbies & The Great Indoors 16
BillyNoMates Meanwhile - in Wrecker L's back garden. Diamond Lil's 6
soleil Navy News: "Guns For Hire – To Clear Up Your Garden" The Corps 5
trelawney126 Water Meters for garden use Finance & Pensions 0
finknottle Rememberance Garden at 45 Commando Arbroath The Corps 8
I 42 Commando Memorial Garden The Corps 1
soleil Scotsman: "Garden Tribute To Fallen Marines" The Corps 0
NotmeChief An English Country Garden The Gash Barge 2
S Back Garden The Quarterdeck 18
BusterQuin Virtual Poppy Garden Charity 0
SkullFuct Alan Duncans garden gets attacked Current Affairs 0
shag_shacker Garden party for 100th birthday The Fleet Air Arm 0
C Royal Garden Party The Fleet Air Arm 14
Seadog Air Marshal Lord Garden Current Affairs 4
MoD_RSS Digital Markets: using our existing tools and emerging thoughts on a new regime MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Using digital teaching tools MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Adapting tools to combat terrorist threats MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Launch of digital tools for traders MoD News 0
S Psychometric test tips/tools? Joining the Royal Navy 2
MoD_RSS Pioneering new tools to be rolled out in fight against child abusers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Revolutionary new tools to tackle streaming of child abuse MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New tools to help health professionals boost prevention impact MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Tools for data compression MoD News 0
gregleeds Power Tools Hobbies & The Great Indoors 2
S How many tools are there in the Royal Navy? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
DemobJob Carpenter - Gloucestershire - £25k + van & tools The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
soleil Navy News: "Win Power Tools & Wood's Old Navy Rum" The Quarterdeck 1