Use Firefox?

Discussion in 'Bloody Computers' started by Lamri, Sep 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. These tweaks are safe and will make it faster :)

1. Type "about:config" into the address bar and hit enter. Scroll down and look for the following entries:

2. Alter the entries as follows:

Set "network.http.pipelining" to "true"
    Set "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to "true"

set "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" to some number like 30. This means it will make 30 requests at once.

3. Lastly right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" and set its value to "0". This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it recieves.

try this and you can see the difference ...........

It's been around for while and i've only began to use it and it works a dream. It's a little hack from Fasterfox and works really nice.

2. did it earlier and tested it all day, thoroughly recommend this tip! Cheers Lamri!

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'm impressed Lamri!

That's fastest I've ever seen Google respond & the quickest I've seen Favourites load - excellent, many thanks.

4. Aye works for me!

5. You're very welcome :)

6. Thanks :)

7. Thanks Lamri. Have a wonderful festive season!!

8. Cheers shippers, much improved.

:thumright:

9. Will this tweak need to be repeated if Firefox updates with newer versions?

10. I've stopped using the newer version of firefox as it was forever crashing. Having looked it up on the tinterweb it's seems to be a common thing

11. Works fine on my pc.....thanks Lamri!

12. This is really a very nice tip. I tried it on my computer and feeling the difference. If you know more tips like this one then kindly share those too.

13. I'm a bit scared of changing things on my 'puter 'cos I'm mentally blond. But I did this and by golly it works!

14. I like the mozilla firefox because of It is having lots of addons. It is very useful and It is increasing our efficiency. You can do the many things. You can download the videos, online pdf converter, noscript for the disable spam or some vulnerable scripts.Current Addons like Personas,WOT,Ad Block Plus,Echofon,Webmail Notifier,Lazarus,AVG Safe Search,Skipscreen.

15. I've just started using Google Chrome.

I like.

Wait is this a discussion about internet browsers?

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKS!!

16. Google chroms is for gays and fat birds.

17. You would know that Tim

18. Cheers for that, ace warning screen! Pity facebook is still a poorly coded pile of arse...

Oh and if you use a lot of tabs then it might be worth upping the maximum conections slightly too.

19. Works a treat, many thanks!

20. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Another quick fix to speed things up is to change the default DNS lookup. I use Google DNS, just google it. Simpel to do and does make a difference.