US Vessel Fires at Threat in Gulf

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by trelawney126, Jul 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It would seem that Elmer may have fucked up;again.

2. In all fairness to Septic Sam, they did have a bad experience in the COLE.

3. Looks like they played it pretty straight to me. Our Rules of Engagement are pretty much the same as theirs, so it could just as easily been RFA Wave Sovreign in the limelight. Johny Fishingbloke f**ked up. Unlucky Lofty.

4. "In accordance with navy force protection procedures, the sailors... used a series of non-lethal, preplanned responses to warn the vessel before resorting to lethal force," the statement said.

If defending your ship and crew is a fcuk up, I'd hate to be in your navy Finx.

• Like Like x 1
  5. It's quite simple Finks. If the man with the big gun says stop...you stop.

6. A **** up? The **** up would be letting a fishing boat packed with explosives plough in to the hull.

7. It would seem that Finx may have fucked up again !

8. Elmer sends a clear concise message in my book.

Don't **** with the big boys, they WILL spoil your day!

9. Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  10. So the Elmers version of events must be the gospel truth then, we have seen in the past how they duck and dive when innocent people are killed, just a bit of 'collateral damage' so nothing for anyone to be concerned about.

11. Whats all the fuss about?

12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Unless you have access to information that is contrary to that which is freely available then I suggest you practice what you preach and not be concerned about it. But if you keep looking for conspiracies where there are none then even the shitehawks in your back garden will soon begin to look like little Black Helicopters... :shock:

13. I know that you think you are the fount of all knowledge but not even you could know the true sequence of events, you are just blindly believing what has been presented to us so far, whereas I sensibly await the passage of time for the truth to emerge and take nothing at face value.

The video clip proves what exactly?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  14. But in the meantime make the assumption that "the Elmers have fucked up" ...

They may have done or they may not have done but your "speculation" is hardly impartial is it?

15. sgtpepperband

Another typical Finks response - deflect from your own point of view by trying to imply an inadaquacy in the other person's comment, rather than having the power of conviction to reiterate or substantiate your own opinion with verifiable sources of information and thus make assumptions about an event without any true understanding. While I am confident to admit that I know quite a bit about a variety of matters, I have never suggested I am the "fount of all knowledge" about this story and am willing to accept the official version of events, until other evidence comes to light. However, you continue to suggest that there is more going on than we are led to believe. I merely offered you the opportunity to supply such information or at least back up your previous comment with something of substance. But yet again, you have failed to do so, resorting to comments such as this.

I believe Trehorn posted the video link (of an Israeli patrol boat being blown up by suicide bombers disguised as fishermen) to illustrate the point that not every small craft is as innocent as it looks and, as such, military craft should remain vigilant when patrolling hostile waters. Failure to do so will result in tragic consequences, as demonstrated in the clip.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Well SPB you accept the version of events time alone will tell whether you were right to do so and IMO the video clip is irrelevant. I would have thought that in your line of work you would wait until all the evidence is in.

You say that in my response I attempted to deflect from my own point, not at all it was just a response to what I see as the superior attitude that you so frequently adopt, it can become a tad tiresome.

17. sgtpepperband

[​IMG]

Anyway, back on topic... if it transpires that the dead and injured fishermen were entirely innocent (of acts of terrorism) then commiserations to their family, and may their souls rest in peace. But if they are found to be members of a terrorist organisation then commiserations to their family, and may their souls rest in peace. But BZ to the US Navy.

18. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Unlucky indeed. If the Americans did get it wrong their crystal ball operator is in the brown and smelly. Finks, don't expect an investigation that'll involve anyone but the USN and I include the USMC who most likely do force protection, and MSC.

RFA Wave Sovereign ? Has MARS delivered ahead of schedule?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012