US Top Gun Academy set up by British Pilots

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Oil_Slick, Mar 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

WHat surprised me more, was that the WAFUs had kept it quiet too! :)

2. :wink: :wink: WAFUs dont like to brag :oops: :oops: We still have our Top Gun Chockhead living at Lossie :wink: :wink: Here is a 764 sqdn Hunter on the line at Lossie. Ps Lossie vetrans open day is 27th May. http://usera.ImageCave.com/scouse/xf300-lm-190769-ab(1).jpg

3. Always like secrets, bit like Off Airstation pay when you go on board!!

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

This amused me; from Clarkson's column from last week's Sunday Times:

:lol:

5. :lol:

6. Sorta like Airfield Allowance, (AA), then!!

There was a documentary years back about the top gun school. And the US pilots hated the way our fighters never flew a straight and level flight path. Evidently it made it dificult for surface operators to manually track the aircraft on their runs!!! :roll:

7. Think I saw the same one, septics getting a right stress on when 2 Buccaneers came at them :)

8. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Buccaneers would be involved in later Red Flags through 1983, and in 1979 also participated in the similar Maple Flag exercise over Canada. The Buccaneer proved extremely impressive with its fast low-level attacks, which were highly accurate despite the aircraft's lack of terrain-following radar and other modern avionics. They were able to penetrate adversary defenses, and in fact were credited with "kills" on defending fighters using Sidewinder air-to-air missiles.

9. I was only giving the cods a little snippet of our allowances, now you have given the game away!!!! :D