us soldier captured

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by booty45, Jul 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. a us soldier has been captured by insurgents in southern afghanistan?

whats everyones view on that?how does that happen?

2. If you don't run fast enough...
  3. Sh1t happens, don't fancy his chances though
  4. It's like a chicken that can't talk .........................UNCLUCKY

Seriously, I hope he remains safe
  5. this is a big victory for the taliban,just hope he does stay safe ( not good odds though)
  6. I hope the guy is found safe and well. I have read that, during the Russian occupation, the Afghans skinned some of their prisoners alive.

However, there may be more to this story than meets the eye.
    If I remember correctly, didn’t some US soldier go missing in Iraq, reported captured. I think that eventually he turned out to be of Middle Eastern decent and had deserted.
  7. Thats terrible news. Probably in the worst situation a man could face.
  8. He's fcuked the poor sod. As good as dead.
  9. Oh dear, oh diddums...
    Afganistan has been the graveyard of western armies for 200 years, at least, probably more. Why should things change now?
  10. Not sure what you're getting at. It's one thing being slotted or blown up. But he is more than likely in the hands of some very, very sadistic and angry people. If he's not dead laready then he will be wishing he was.
  11. When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
    An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.
    Go, go, go like a soldier,
    So-oldier _of_ the Queen!

Rudyard Kipling wrote this in the late 19th Century. Hoping the captured soldier hasn't had to make this decision and they act with some humanity

edited for mongish punctuation
  12. Humanity? The Taliban can't even spell it, let alone comprehend it!!
  13. I cant believe hes let himself be taken alive. Suerly thats why almost everyone carries a 9mm isnt it?

Hope hes ok, but if not i hope its quick.
  14. Hope whatever they do to him (I doubt if it was a "her" as 3 Afghanis were also taken) is not broadcast out to the "faithful" via the web.

Just hope it's quick whatever they do to him. Poor bastard.
  15. To be honest i would be very surprised if he was released, although i hope they do, but i really cant see it happening, i guess the best he can hope for is a bullet in the head as appose to getting decapitated and ending up on phones and the internet. I just really hope the US Spec Ops teams can pull of a rescue mission in time.
  16. He's a gonner for sure.

Two more UK soldiers killed yesterday as well, and a Tornado is down in Scotland.
  17. Isn't there a code in Islam that says if you change to their religion you become one of them and will be spared,it happened to quite a few Ruskies although when interviewed on the box they looked pretty miserable,still I'd have a prayer mat out before they cocked their AK's if it were me.
    You can always do a runner later.
  18. According to a report on the radio he was ratted. That will be a run I hope he lives to remember.
  19. Poor sod.

Hope he lives to tell his grandkids.
  20. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Or looking on the brighter side there may be a live prisoner exchange on the offing.

The radio? Their reporter on the scene sent a dispatch saying thus?

I saw an 'honour your obligation' move pulled in (IIRC) 'The Beast'.

Disappointing to see a lack of sensitivity here. For example
    FFS? There would be hell on it was one of ours and some Yanks were giving it 'diddums'.

Is it because the captive is American? Ours get into some close calls and one rather famous Apache rescue operation springs to mind.