Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

US recruiting slogans

I like this one!

alltogether.jpg
 
There's a cracking RN one from about the time of the Napoleonic wars where it goes on about the French intending to invade us, kill our King as they have done their own, make whores of our wives and daughters and teach us nothing but the damn'd art of murdering one another.

It then goes on to say that now is the time to shew(sic) your love for all those who love their King and religion and hate the French and damn the Pope.

It's pure poetry!
 
I liked the Tshirt that the booties put out after Edward volretd'd

"You can turn a frog into a prince, but you can't turn a prince into a marine"

didn't last long though.... funny that...
 
I joined 42 Mortars to late for the following T-shirts but they made me chuckle.

Mad Mental Mortars - Death from the other side of the hill

Anyone can bed a woman, but it takes a man to lay a mortar.
 
I personally liked "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten it" in the US Navy ads immediately after 9-11. I think the PC Police struck back soon after that and Accelerate your Life went back to the forefront.
 
Americanbrit said:
I personally liked "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten it" in the US Navy ads immediately after 9-11. I think the PC Police struck back soon after that and Accelerate your Life went back to the forefront.

I remember that one!
It did a quick fade, that's for sure. Musn't upset anyone by having the armed forces appear too.....warlike :roll:
 
BootneckYank said:
Americanbrit said:
I personally liked "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten it" in the US Navy ads immediately after 9-11. I think the PC Police struck back soon after that and Accelerate your Life went back to the forefront.

I remember that one!
It did a quick fade, that's for sure. Musn't upset anyone by having the armed forces appear too.....warlike :roll:
I know what you mean there, a few years ago some top echelon ******** decided that we were not to have shaved heads anymore and a minimum grade 4 cut was required. Why? Because when we went ashore it made us look aggresive!!!!!! Hello ! However you sugar coat it, we are expected to kill other people, if that's not agressive I don't know what is...
 
Lingyai said:
BootneckYank said:
Americanbrit said:
I personally liked "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten it" in the US Navy ads immediately after 9-11. I think the PC Police struck back soon after that and Accelerate your Life went back to the forefront.

I remember that one!
It did a quick fade, that's for sure. Musn't upset anyone by having the armed forces appear too.....warlike :roll:
I know what you mean there, a few years ago some top echelon ******** decided that we were not to have shaved heads anymore and a minimum grade 4 cut was required. Why? Because when we went ashore it made us look aggresive!!!!!! Hello ! However you sugar coat it, we are expected to kill other people, if that's not agressive I don't know what is...

God forbid your hair is too short when warheads hit foreheads. Semper Fi my friend...
 
Americanbrit said:
Grooming standards where hair is too SHORT. We have lost the plot. The inmates are running the asylum. Nimitz is spinning in his grave...

There was a time back in the 80's, when American service personnel were being targeted individualy by terrorists, that the Marine Corps unofficialy did away with it's trademark "High and Tight" haircut, as it made us stand out as obviously military.
Of course now, everybody is wearing it that way. Even the punk skateboarders who seem to think it's their god-given responsibility to vandalise every building and sign in town.
 

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top