US Navy Times: "E-4, below barred from standing armed watch"

Discussion in 'International' started by sgtpepperband, Sep 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

* - Petty Officer Third Class, the fourth enlisted rank in the U.S. Navy and U.S. Coast Guard, just above Seaman and below Petty Officer Second Class, and is the lowest rank of non-commissioned officer, equivalent to a Corporal/Leading Hand

2. Yee ha!

I expect nothing less from the bunch of banjo playing,cousin *******, KFC munching retards that make up 99% of the US population:

3. The eight being:

- Must not be a parole-dodging retard.
    - Must not high-five people or whoop inappropriately.
    - Must not have been abused by close family members.
    - Must not be from a land-locked Southern State.
    - Must not be on punishment for anything.
    - Must have finished School without having had an abortion or Jail term.
    - Must have attended a training establishment without using hard drugs.
    - Must own a book without pictures in it.

This basically means that only the Captain and any Royal Navy personnel on exchange can guard the fleet I imagine :twisted:
  4. Re: US Navy Times: "E-4, below barred from standing armed wa

:geek: Way back when the sky was always blue, I was boozing oppos with a U.S.N. C.P.O. in Honk. He told me that 90% of recruits had their first pair of decent shoes on enlistment. :( I've travelled through the states and witnessed poverty to equal the third world just off the main drag inmost cities. :?
  5. Before everyone jumps on the US Navy for this, I'd be interested to know the figures for NDs in the RN. I once had to investigate an incident in my ship involving an AB messing around with a Sterling which resulted in the crippling and subsequent medical discharge of an outstanding killick. And that was before the routine issue of weapons and live ammo to sentries.
  6. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Quite, NG. When we did start using Jack as an armed sentry I think he managed to shoot a Pompey civilian in Queen St.
  7. Met a young lad in the gym at Collingwood ('94, '95 ?) missing a lot of muscle on one of his upper arms. He had been the recipient of an ND whilst in the sangar at Airport Wharf, Belfast harbour. Considering how small that place was\is I was amazed he still had bone left

What also scared him was that whilst he was pumped full of drugs he was told to sign some paperwork - of what he signed he had no idea. Hope pusser didn't shaft him.
  8. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Re: US Navy Times: "E-4, below barred from standing armed wa

NG wrote
    Quite right. I know of 3 NDs first hand (all benign environments) and not by my hand. Another incident in which a loaded weapon was being fcuked about with for a so-called laugh was terminated by a rather physical PO. The puns should have been more severe.

Then there is the duelling QMs dit. The Booties say that the most dangerous thing in the world is Jolly Jack with a loaded weapon.