US Navy SEALS

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by AdmiralAwesome, Jul 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. swim 500 yards in 12.5 minutes or less, followed by a 10-minute rest
    do 42 push-ups in under two minutes, followed by a two-minute rest
    do 50 sit-ups in under two minutes, followed by a two-minute rest
    do six pull-ups, followed by a 10-minute rest
    run 1.5 miles in boots and long pants in less than 11.5 minutes

Thought this might give you a 'larf. It's the physical standards a potential Navy SEAL recruit needs to meet...

2. You are 'avin a barf fella!!

Where did this info come from?
    Can it be substantiated ?

3. Havent seen their fitness training so wont make any comments to the contrary. However perhaps this a basic fitness test at the beginning of training much like the USMC fitness test used as a minimum fitness level within recruit training in the RM.

NB

4. It's the standards they have to meet before being accepted into SEAL training. But still, you have to remember these guys are already in the Navy, and this is the SEAL's, the American equivalent of SAS/SBS.

5. Got the T-shirt?
    Buy the book.

http://www.navyseals.com/community/store/stew_buds.cfm

6. Wow.. the new RNR fitness test is tougher than this! :whew:

7. I know, bigbaddog. I'm not saying anything about the SEALs, from what I've read and watched, those guys have to be badass. Hell Week and all that. I just found it curious that their minimum standards are so low. Any idea on why they set it so low?

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

To match there IQ's?

9. swim 500 yards in 12.5 minutes or less, followed by a 10-minute rest

Something sadly wrong here!!!

The medical for the CO-OP milk roundsman in 1967 was harder than that!

Five minute mile to avoid dog/dogs!

Dig your way out of snow drift carrying three crates of milk!

Chase the horse after brats light bangers for laugh! Ben Hur was a pussy!

Introduction to electric milk float finding out on ice battery goes flat after five spins then it is shove and jump on board.

Learning how to somersault on ice while carrying five pints of milk!

Forty miler at ITCRM [which it was called in those days]was easy after that induction. Then we worked on the farm in the afternoon when farming was farming!

10. i can confirm that these are the ENTRY tests to go to the Seal course.

i know this, because this is part of the STA (Scout/Sniper) course curriculum that you can go on after 2 years of being a in a scout/sniper platoon (which is where i was headed when i got hurt).

imagine doing the same test 5x on your first day carrying an inflatable boat over your heads in the surf while being heckled by seal instructors and you've got SOME ideas of how difficult it is.

11. As a casual observer, how many of you `ard bastards could do it ? Put up or Shut up.
    swim 500 yards in 12.5 minutes or less, followed by a 10-minute rest

FFS they do a Pre joining fitness test in the RN, read the newbies section,

"I weigh 8 stone wet through and will travel"

I`m a 68 year old grandfather and have never given birth to a child, so I`ll **** OFF.

12. i could do it when i was in... the swim alone would have killed me though.

as for now?

"man found dead, in a swimming pool, dead of cardiac arrest..."

13. Last night I did six miles home from the boozer, in flip flops, after 7 pints of Stella, carrying a 4 year old child on my shoulders, as well as a day sack. I should know better at my age, and I'm aching like **** today.

Anyway, I suggest the Seals use this as an entry test instead. :afro:

14. Psychology.

This is the minimum, we won't take you if you only meet the minimum.

It adds to the perception of cachet associated with getting onto BUDS and staying the course.

As a course it is extreemly good at developing the kind of ethos that's admired in elite (whatever that means) units.

15. I aint seen these guys in action like, but considerin that these guys think theyre the equivalent to our SF's i think the entry standards are piss poor. haha

16. Mate, you should get through your selection before gobbing off about things like that. The 3 mile run and gym tests that you find on a PRMC are not an reflection of what a bootneck is capable of either, it's just a minimum test. :threaten:

17. I aint havin a go mate. I can quite easily run 3 mile and im confident ill be able to pass the PRMC.... get off ur high horse lad, im only speaking my mind.

18. "considerin that these guys think theyre the equivalent to our SF's i think the entry standards are piss poor. haha"

Aye, that doesn't sound like having a go to me. Hmmmm.

19. Im not having a go, just speakin my mind dude. they should atleast have a harder entry standard, thats all im sayin, my point of view to be honest mate.