US Navy Mans Two Nuclear Subs with Women

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by wingnut, Aug 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I came across this and wondered, will it happen in the uk?

2. This raises a specific issue. It is fairly well known that females who live in close proximity with each other gradually come to adopt the same 28 day menstrual cycle. This means that a submarine with all the females on the same cycle will be particularly dangerous at certain times of the month. If the Russians also adopt the practice of female "manning" we could be in for a very worrying time. At the very least, some very harsh words may be exchanged! :angry5:
  3. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

There'll be roars of applause as they haul down their drawers ..
  4. I think you will find that this is something that we are trialing in the not too distant future.

Remember where you heard it first (Hot off the Galley range)
  5. Long overdue. However the article seems to be pushing a feminist protest vewpoint rather than the professional capability angle. Also, how does one go from unqualified today to prosepective CO by 2009?
  6. :D

Only four months after the publication date ;)
  7. Only because you're kinky that way!
  8. I always thought that women within submarines like somebody said is a problem due to times of the month, plus another thought being honest on this one was about rape etc as well... not sure on that one though?
  9. Anyone note the specific publication date of this report?
  10. I did, but got them all talking for a bit though didn't it
  11. New submarine films in production include:

"Above us - the Shops",
    "The Hunt for Red Shoes in Shoe Shops",
    "We Dive on Dawn" and
    "Crimson Tide is better than Biological Daz"
  12. Oh ffs, get over your little school boy imagination for females on board subs. What next, sniggering in the little boys room over seeing a flash of tit?

Matt, for a civy that has been banned from ever applying to the military, I think your comments are just sad parrotting attempts to play with the big boys and girls. What the fcuk do you know about women serving?

Jack, I think that the fact that she holds the rank of Commander might be the clue as to her readiness to be trained to take a command billet. Is anyone ever ready to take command when it first comes up?

We've had females on subs for over 7 years, here's a news isn't a big deal anymore.
  13. :dwarf:
  14. Sorry Niner, even I know that commanding a boat is a completely different kettle of fish to a surface ship. I think jack was trying to say it is unwise to put a previously unqualified submariner in the hot seat.
  15. Well at least it will give a hole new meaning to "dance of the flaming ********".. :hockey:

Hmm and some interesting ideas on celebrating getting the dolphins...must have crew event....wooot :dwarf:
  16. Submarine commanders are selected from men who have served many years at sea, gaining lots of experience along the way. Experience of submarines. Commanding Officers Qualifying Course, 'Perisher', is the culmination of years of hard work and proving themselves, not just an adqual that anybody can do. Suggesting that someone with no experience of boats could simply be given command is idiocy.

Yes you have, and no it's not. You also don't have SSNs. Nor did you just give command of a boat to a non-qual. This is a slighty more complex subject than your simplistic post suggests.
  17. If you look at the small light print left hand side you will find it is dated 1st April 2008. Could that ring any bells.

18. I am not entirely certain that you can man something, anything with women. Its an oxymoron don't you think?
  19. look at niner_domestic getting all serious and mardy rahahaha
  20. Well.... had me fooled. :blush: For a moment I thought common dog was breaking out in the USN submarine service.