US Marine Hero comes out...

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Always_a_Civvy, Mar 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. More power to him, says I.
    He served honorably, and paid one hell of a sacrifice. The man is due proper respect as a fine Marine, regardless of his orientation.
    I think the last sentence in the article sums it up nicely.
  2. Nothing scares me more than a supposedly professional military man who you should trust to make instant life changing decisions in the time it takes to pull a trigger, who is so mentaly confused that he doesn't know which hole he should be aiming for.
    If it is OK for a man to have a sexual feelings for another man, then why not a pig, dog or 13 year old girl?
    Is it OK for gary glitter to play with kids? No, it is deviency, everyone knows that a man and woman should have relations with someone of the opposite sex above the age of consent, anything else is deviancy. That is why people like it, cos it is wrong and scary, like george michael doing it in the pubic heads.
  3. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

here we go again - not you Ling, I mean - yet another thread about gays etc etc yawn yawn.......
  4. Yeah, I nearly didn't comment, then I kind of went off on one........ not like me at all. :grin:
  5. Shocking news just in.........
    Mr Smith grew up in a normal family, joined the Navy at 16 and went on to have a wonderfull career and and a life of adventure on the high seas. Whilst on leave, he met, courted and married his childhood sweetheart and the had two normal sprogs that go out and play in the garden, climb trees and run around all day being fit and healthy. The boy plays war and cowboys and Indians, whilst the girl plays house with her girly friends in their pretty pink dresses and loves her cindy doll.
    The family loves to keep fit and go on family holidays. Mr Smith is now in a well paid civvy job, his missus has kept her slim figure (due to diligant exercise after childbirth (she's no lazy cow), and both of the kids are in their teens and have started to explore normal healthy heterosexual relationships.
    They all lived happily ever after.
  6. Is is really possible??????????
  7. It's all a bit Stepford really...
  8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

9. And next week on Jackanory..... :twisted:
  10. However in real life old smudger was a closet pooftah who liked nothing more on a Saturday night than dressing up in his wife's best frock and hitting the gay bars. Mrs smudger meanwhile ........................
  11. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

You trying to say that Pigs aren't legal??????????

Theres a lot on here in trouble then :oops:
  12. Ok, so he's gay. I'm straight, Slim's overweight, Ling's a bit old fashioned and Seadog takes no prisoners when moderating. To all the above statements, the same four basic questions were not asked:

Ok so he's gay. That's great, really, I'm very happy for him but I'm kinda busy making eggs here.

Get it? The vast majority just do not give a shit about sexual orientation. 10% want all gays burned at the stake, 10% are gay and the other 80% have much more important things to worry about, like what to have for dinner tonight.
  13. But there'd be a lot less re-iterations of the same old threads time and time again ;)

It's one of the old perrenials; homosexuality in the forces, single parents, immigration (legal and illegal), and how the RN is going to the dogs (again).

Anyway, given the absence of sensible discussion shouldn't this be redirected elsewhere......
  14. It IS OK, doofus. You can have sexual feelings for anyone or anything at all. It only becomes a problem if you allow those feelings to impede your professionalism (number one sexual feeling that impedes professionalism is, of course, heterosexual feelings twixt a man and a woman), or if the insecure people around you allow it to impede their professionalism.
  15. First time I read that I thought Ling was telling us taht a pig had sexual feelings for a man... cue spanners related dits!
  16. Ditto and heres me thinking we had moved on.

17. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

took a while - but got there in the end. PMSL!!
  18. The can of worms has been opened!! FFS :roll: