US firms making a killing in Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by drunken_engineer, Jun 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. B'Liar made one hell of a killing too…

His NEOCON friends in the States have rewarded him most handsomely.

2. This is not NEW news but it is worth keeping it in the public domain nonetheless as it absolutely stinks.

Unfortunately little has been done so far about it. Whilst we continue to allow our political parties to be funded through private donation it is unlikely they will do much to prevent what I can only describe as privateering. Human nature does not generally encourage biting the hand that feeds you.

SF

3. Can never watch Michael Moore's Farenheit 9/11" without grinding my teeth!

4. Soz SF, didn't know it'd been posted previously. It just made me so angry and wondered if anyone else had seen it.
    DE

5. DE - don't apologise mate. I don't believe it has been posted for some time because it is one of those things which reappears in the news every six months or so when they run out of other stuff to talk about.

TB - Not seen 9/11 F. Might just have to look it up.

SF

6. Give it a whirl matey. A lot of it is just Michael Moore waffle, but there are some eye opening points there.

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Irony: Tony Blair acting as a Middle East Peace Envoy. S'like asking Charles Manson to give family planning advice... :evil:

8. Knew from the get go as soon as Cheney supposedly excused himself from any involvement in the running of Haliburton, that the fix was in, and that the profiteers would be lining their pockets, thanks to Bush and Co.

Right now, the Senate and Congress are supposedly under some form of gag order by the Chief Executive in regards to these issues, can't wait to see what comes spilling out of the jar after Dubya leaves office, he may have to relocate to another country...maybe him and Bliar can provide Democracy to Pakistan...sort of hands on approach... :dwarf: